Keaton 3/21/20 report.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton 3/21/20 report.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

With all the good reports I have been getting Lavone and I got on the water at 8:00 and headed out. Image
Water was real low going out the canal. Image
Did a lot of running around today. Went almost to rock Island. Water was clear everywhere and 75degrees. Caught only 5 keepers a spanish and a flounder. But we also caught around 20 trout that were 14.999999999 inches lol. The motor ran great and it was a beautiful day out there can’t wait till next time. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton 3/21/20 report.

Post by DixieReb »

We were there today from 10 to 4, beautiful day but fish seemed scattered and didn't bite well for us. Ended up with 3 keepers and 2 nice Spanish, a few short trout. Lots of boat traffic too. :o
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

DixieReb wrote:We were there today from 10 to 4, beautiful day but fish seemed scattered and didn't bite well for us. Ended up with 3 keepers and 2 nice Spanish, a few short trout. Lots of boat traffic too. :o
Yeah could not find an active bite anywhere. Glad you got some.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Not much to show for today. But enough to put in the grease.

leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Fished Keaton yesterday afternoon with my two daughters, 6 an 13. Didn’t start until about 2:00. Had wife on boat for first drift and had to drop her off at the beach because she got seasick. But found fish scattered all over the flats but nothing super consistent. Found the best bite in slightly stained water. Came home with three trout and a Spanish mackerel. Lost 2-3 more keepers at the net. But it was the first trip in about a year and was good to be out and everything ran well.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

leonreno wrote:Fished Keaton yesterday afternoon with my two daughters, 6 an 13. Didn’t start until about 2:00. Had wife on boat for first drift and had to drop her off at the beach because she got seasick. But found fish scattered all over the flats but nothing super consistent. Found the best bite in slightly stained water. Came home with three trout and a Spanish mackerel. Lost 2-3 more keepers at the net. But it was the first trip in about a year and was good to be out and everything ran well.
Good deal. I know the feeling it had been 5 months for me. Where you find stained water? We ran to within sight of Rock Island to find a little stain.

leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
leonreno wrote:Fished Keaton yesterday afternoon with my two daughters, 6 an 13. Didn’t start until about 2:00. Had wife on boat for first drift and had to drop her off at the beach because she got seasick. But found fish scattered all over the flats but nothing super consistent. Found the best bite in slightly stained water. Came home with three trout and a Spanish mackerel. Lost 2-3 more keepers at the net. But it was the first trip in about a year and was good to be out and everything ran well.
Good deal. I know the feeling it had been 5 months for me. Where you find stained water? We ran to within sight of Rock Island to find a little stain.

Yes had to run north toward rock island but not all the way there, maybe 5 miles north of Spring Warrior. Finding stained water in 2-5 feet with grass was the best spots we found.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

leonreno wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

Yes had to run north toward rock island but not all the way there, maybe 5 miles north of Spring Warrior. Finding stained water in 2-5 feet with grass was the best spots we found.
Gotcha. You little farther than we went.