Flats reports???

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DKwakulla

Re: Flats reports???

Post by DKwakulla »

Killed the reds and spanish in the shell point area Sunday morning.
geofish

Post by geofish »

I was on the east flats today. Bluefish Spanish & trout - most on the smaller side
tabb

Post by tabb »

Better go if you can.
Caught some nice trout in 4 feet of water on gulps. Caught some reds, flounder, bsb and sail cat.left them biting.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Water temps 76 on the flats yesterday, very few pinfish so far. Trout bite was steady, winds much higher than predicted

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Heading to Keaton now. Report to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Badfish

Post by Badfish »

72 degrees on the East flats yesterday. Trout are out in force along with some blues and spanish. East river produced reds and black drum. You better get out there if you can!
tabb

Post by tabb »

The fish I cleaned had row in them but not filled out. They seem to be feeding up to get ready to spawn soon.
I didn’t check stomach contents but there were plenty of pin fish where we were.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Would love some bluefish for fish dip, any locations?

Fished the west flats again today, temps hit 76f. Saw some small bait schools, but only a few. The fish seemed very scattered, but we ended up with a nice box of trout and a Spanish.

Going again tomorrow for the 3rd day, as I expect shelter-in-place to get dropped on us pretty soon.

Lots of pics and videos @saverymill on Instagram
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Launched around noon at the lighthouse, let the tide come in
Ran east, fished from 5' and in to the grass lines, wind direction provided great drifts
Water temps from 75.5 to 80.3
All artificials, tops to subs.
Nothing but keeper trout to 23.5"
A few Redfish to almost 24"

Kept a few to filet and freeze assuming no fishing after mid-week. May roll out tomorrow as well.

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Clear water and plenty of fish for all. DI
Attachments
A1C2E572-BD21-49CD-9E9E-72D646D3DCF8.jpeg
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
redcodefsu

Post by redcodefsu »

Got into the sheepshead yesterday around 1-3pm. They fight hard and one was massive and full of roe. Brought home 5 keepers.
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Srbenda wrote:Would love some bluefish for fish dip, any locations?

Fished the west flats again today, temps hit 76f. Saw some small bait schools, but only a few. The fish seemed very scattered, but we ended up with a nice box of trout and a Spanish.

Going again tomorrow for the 3rd day, as I expect shelter-in-place to get dropped on us pretty soon.

Lots of pics and videos @saverymill on Instagram
We got a blue and a Spaniard on tw plugs on a rock pile at the stake line yesterday. Then we moved
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
geofish

Post by geofish »

Blues SM and trout on the flats in 4 feet, but couldn't resist hitting the reefs for some sheepshead. Got my biggest ever yesterday and caught him on ultralight with 6 lb test & half a shrimp on a crappie jig. Tried small fiddler crabs, but they're too good at nibbling from the edges all around the hook.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Fished again today on the east flats, moved in close and fished some rock piles with little success.

Went back out to 4' and had a steady trout bite, landed a monster Spanish at nearly 22", and tangled with a big nurse shark that hit a pinfish.

Speaking of pins, they are definitely back and in-force.

Lots of boats on the bay today, as everyone attempts to self-distance effectively.

I'm assuming we'll have a shelter in place order soon, and there will be no fishing...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Fished Saturday and Sunday. When the tide turned and wind picked up Saturday, the trout turned on and we limited in a short time. Sunday, you could tell the front had moved through, and the fish nearly had lock jaw. Did pick up a couple of nice trout and a couple of spainish and one short flounder. Blues were hitting. The wind was much higher Sunday.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!