How long until they close the boat ramps?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

They closed mashes sands and shell point beach. If there's another weekend like last weekend with 4-5 boats rafted up at the sandbar and up the wakulla I feel like they'll close the boat ramps and force marinas to close. They are doing it all up and down the florida coasts and because of our relatively low population I feel like we can keep them open. One picture in any of the 2 or 3 places I saw last weekend and before would be enough to cause a shi*storm online.

So if you know anyone from the typical hangout spots let them know that using their own anchor and keeping a reasonable distance from other boats is the way to go or even better go find you're own space. I like a good sandbar party as much as the next guy but the past 2 weekends have been like memorial day every sat and sun and i'd like to keep fishing and hanging out with my wife on the boat with all this time off and i'm sure you guys feel the same.

Groups of 10 or larger are a no go and it's easier to close the ramp than police the water.
Srbenda

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Post by Srbenda »

Agreed.
Hoping the Shell Island Fish Camp, Shields, and other marinas are able to stay open.
All photos copyright @saverymill
edif

Post by edif »

Heard today Shell Island is seriously considering closing due to lack of traffic.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

edif wrote:Heard today Shell Island is seriously considering closing due to lack of traffic.
That's surprising. If they aren't getting business it's something else. Maxed out parking at the fort and shields on saturday and sunday. River, flats and offshore are as busy as ever.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Even if they do close the boat ramps, won’t they have to still let the commercial guys put in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

All Taylor co ramps will remain open per the county commissioner meeting tonight
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:All Taylor co ramps will remain open per the county commissioner meeting tonight
Isn’t econfina a Taylor County ramp? I thought the annual Fl State Park pass didn’t work there, and you had to have a pass from the Taylor County courthouse.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

SHOWBOAT wrote:
doomtrpr_z71 wrote:All Taylor co ramps will remain open per the county commissioner meeting tonight
Isn’t econfina a Taylor County ramp? I thought the annual Fl State Park pass didn’t work there, and you had to have a pass from the Taylor County courthouse.
Ecofina is a state park, that's why it's closed, the aucilla ramp is a Taylor co ramp so it's still open.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

IMHO the closure of these remote ramps y the state, such as Econfina is really stupid. In fact, the closure of any ramps is stupid unless you can prove that they really are a hazard. If they are worried about folks gathering on sandbars, get out in a boat and police those sandbars. I pay the state a chunk of change for my license each year and that fee includes the use of these ramps.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Duckboat

Post by Duckboat »

MudDucker wrote:IMHO the closure of these remote ramps y the state, such as Econfina is really stupid. In fact, the closure of any ramps is stupid unless you can prove that they really are a hazard. If they are worried about folks gathering on sandbars, get out in a boat and police those sandbars. I pay the state a chunk of change for my license each year and that fee includes the use of these ramps.
I could not agree more.
cotton

Post by cotton »

Duckboat wrote:
MudDucker wrote:IMHO the closure of these remote ramps y the state, such as Econfina is really stupid. In fact, the closure of any ramps is stupid unless you can prove that they really are a hazard. If they are worried about folks gathering on sandbars, get out in a boat and police those sandbars. I pay the state a chunk of change for my license each year and that fee includes the use of these ramps.
I could not agree more.
Almost seems criminally negligent to funnel folks to only a few launch points where crowds are sure to form. How dumb can they be!!
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

let me add my 2 cent to this
well with the ramp closed at econfina not haven to pick up much trash on the road
but it's still funny to see them boaters flying down the road only to come flying back up the road pounding on the dashboard
not finding any road treasure ether
ye we all miss our ramps
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I’m surprised those rocks are still there
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

Salty Gator wrote:I’m surprised those rocks are still there
they do move
just watch your toes
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I was told that they set up security cameras at the same time the rocks were dropped, to be able to watch the rocks move.