Are we allowed to fish?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Are we allowed to fish?

Post by Red Beard »

Pirate wrote:Red Beard, For what its worth I own in Florida and have since before you were born. I pay plenty of taxes to support whatever they choose to spend our tax money on. Not sure what you meant by your last comment but if your scared to post it I can be PM'ed You seem to be coming across as a real smart arse. Kind of unusual for somebody who just joined the forum. Hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell. See you on the water :lol:

This is hilarious. Not sure how a thread asking if it’s safe to fish the gulf got turned into comparing one state’s residents to another and trying to shade some for misinformation; or actions; or lack there of causing one’s inability to fish.

What are we mad at now? I’m not causing you or others from fishing your grown do what you will. You have lived this long I don’t t think it’s because your stupid.

I am new to this forum, but not to the world. Let me introduce myself. I am a Navy Vet (Corpsman) married fourteen years with two awesome kids and work as a commercial fisherman under my own licenses and fish for fun in between that.

Not here to divide, tighten your drags and relax.
Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pirate

Re: Are we allowed to fish?

Post by Pirate »

Time did tell. Sounds like you were not trying to be anything but funny with your picture. I obviously misjudged your intent. Accept my apology. There seems to be an on going Florida fishing/ Georgia deer hunting, keep the heck out, mindset at times on here. I don't deer hunt so I don't care how many people from Florida hunt in Ga. On the flip side I really don't feel Ga fishermen be made to feel unwelcome. I'm a dual resident so I really take it personal when anybody indicates otherwise. Welcome to the forum. Ive already been admiring you post.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Pirate wrote:Time did tell. Sounds like you were not trying to be anything but funny with your picture. I obviously misjudged your intent. Accept my apology. There seems to be an on going Florida fishing/ Georgia deer hunting, keep the heck out, mindset at times on here. I don't deer hunt so I don't care how many people from Florida hunt in Ga. On the flip side I really don't feel Ga fishermen be made to feel unwelcome. I'm a dual resident so I really take it personal when anybody indicates otherwise. Welcome to the forum. Ive already been admiring you post.
No blood, no foul my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Whoah. I'm not the oldest (I mean most senior) forum member here, but I have been here a little while.
I'll tell everyone of you here. Y'all need to stop and regroup. We've had some heated discussions over the years here, mostly about fishing. Not about what frigging state you come from. We here used to be tight. We all belong to a brotherhood. Folks who are passionate about our Gulf, and surrounding environment.
What state you claim has absolutely nothing to do with your standing in that brotherhood.
I was born in Florida and raised mostly in the Big Bend. I lived in Georgia almost thirty years retiring from Marine Corp Logistcs Base in Albany. I have three grown children and eight grandchildren in Leesburg, Georgia.
My point fellows. You want to piss off this old Jarhead? Talk crap about the local "Karens." Want to piss off this ole Grunt even more? Talk crap about the good folks from Georgia that love our Gulf as much as locals.
That's all I got to say on the matter. salute1
Semper Fi
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Jefferson Co. Had the Aucilla river kayak access shut down today. It's getting locked down more and more

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

Verified with marina Friday Mexico beach ramp was open so took a extra drive for a guarantee thing.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

:pop_1 :pop_1 :pop_1
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

Franklin county Sheriff was on WCTV last night and said that folks from Ga ("which was an infected state") need not come to Franklin County, they will be required to be quarantined for 14 days or arrested by deputies and fined if they are caught coming to Franklin County!
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

JohnnyB wrote:Franklin county Sheriff was on WCTV last night and said that folks from Ga ("which was an infected state") need not come to Franklin County, they will be required to be quarantined for 14 days or arrested by deputies and fined if they are caught coming to Franklin County!
This will end and people will remember. I know for damn sure I wouldn't spend my out of town money in Franklin County with that wild west Sheriff roaming around. No different than ordinances passed in Broward and Miami that go against state laws..
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

The thing is the executive orders name ny tri-state area and la, Georgia isn't listed, he's full of it and pandering for votes come election time, some lawyer from the ATL will probably go to there vacation house and end his tirades.