ISO used bay/bass boat

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

One Keeper

ISO used bay/bass boat

Post by One Keeper »

I have a buddy looking for a 17-20 foot bay/bass boat. Anybody out there have one they wanna part with? Thanks in advance!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: ISO used bay/bass boat

Post by silverking »

Two feet longer, but GulfCoast's Skeeter is still available, I believe.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I am not sure of your buddy's budget. There's a 16 foot aluminum boat on Craigs List in Monticello that seems like a good deal. Craig's List has had a lot of scammers lately, but there are a few on there. Also some on Facebook Market place.

My son Andrew just put a Yamaha on an old 17' Alumacraft bass boat. So he's up and running now. I have another buddy who picked up an older Scout boat for a reasonable price also.

Keep watching and you will find something. Make sure he gets a purchase check on the motor and watch out for the older G3 hulls with the corrosion issues. Andrew got caught in that trap.

- Steve Stinson
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

There ain't no such thing as a bass/bay boat. I have a bay boat and it would suck at bass fishing. My buddy had a bass boat and it sucked at flats fishing. That and no price range make it hard to help.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

silverking wrote:Two feet longer, but GulfCoast's Skeeter is still available, I believe.
Yes it is. So Chuck here is what you need to do, get Harwood to get rid of that sub 20' bay boat and step up to the 22' bay with a 200 HP, I mean, you can't show up to those pro tour redfish tournaments in a 20' bay boat...18' T/P skiff OK :smt004 . Bay boats have gotten huge, at 22' I'm tiny. Look how big Hobbs is !!! :smt005
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

All you guys with the deep pockets have a different boat for each type of fishing. Kind of like the bass fishermen with a different rod for every type of lure. :roll:

I fished Tampa Bay for years out of a 1978 Skeeter bass boat with a 115 Mercury. Also fished local lakes, bass tournaments, and rivers. Jeff and Chuck have won a lot of NFGFC tournaments out of a bass boat as well.

My present day Sea Ark will pretty much run wherever it's wet and get you to the fish. Rinse with with the garden hose and put it in the barn and you're ready for the next trip.

If you like doing boat maintenance, you can always go with something covered in glitter and buy a matching outfit.

- Steve Stinson
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

rockyg wrote:There ain't no such thing as a bass/bay boat. I have a bay boat and it would suck at bass fishing. My buddy had a bass boat and it sucked at flats fishing. That and no price range make it hard to help.
6K to 8k price range.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Best of luck in the search. Local Craigs List boat listings a fracture of normal number. New boats are selling like hot cakes, too. The pandemic has been good for the market/builders and stressful on the fish and boat ramps.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bbb

Post by bbb »

Here are a few from facebook. Suddenly $8000 doesn’t buy a whole lot.

ImageImage
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

There's an older Procraft bass boat on Facebook Marketplace as well.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Here's another listing on Craigslist and imo is priced right. (I wouldn't sell mine for his asking price)

https://dothan.craigslist.org/boa/d/fre ... 34282.html
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
bbb

Post by bbb »

That is a pretty deal if the boat is turn key.

But its $10,000 over budget.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

bbb wrote:That is a pretty deal if the boat is turn key.

But its $10,000 over budget.
Whoops. I missed that post. :roll:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

rockyg wrote:There ain't no such thing as a bass/bay boat. I have a bay boat and it would suck at bass fishing. My buddy had a bass boat and it sucked at flats fishing. That and no price range make it hard to help.
I would have to disagree. I have an Intracoastal model triton and have caught limits of trout/redfish, crappie, stripers/hybrids out of it in the same week. Had a guy call it a bass boat the other day leaving Econfina. Few went out that morning due to 12-15mph winds and 1-2 in protected waters. We had a limit of trout, a few flounder and 4 filet size rock bass in livewell. In most flats boats we would have been wet. It's all in what suits or fits you. There isn't a perfect boat for everything but you can find a solution if you like multiple species.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I have had CC G3, john boats, and now an Action Craft flats 18'. All around the AC to me is better for the ride, seaworthiness, and I bass fish and flats fish out of it. I do have a 14' jon with a 15 hp for the rivers and creeks.

I need one more bigger boat....LOL... :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc