St Marks 11/ 18 & 19

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sundown
Site Sponsor

St Marks 11/ 18 & 19

Post by sundown »

Put in at Shell Island yesterday morning about 6:30 and headed east down to the rock garden area...It was very cool all the way down ! Water temp was about 60 degrees....fluctuated between 60 and 64 most of the day..
Started throwing sws's under a ct but it was slow to begin with..After sun got up I threw a she dog for awhile....had one rise and it was halfhearted..
It was probably 9 before I put a short in the boat ..Between then and 11 I caught three that were barely keepers and several more shorts...About 11 it calmed down to glass slick....Put a stretch on a 3/0 and headed to spot east of St Marks reef....drug the stretch for bout 5 gallons of gas and didn't even catch grass ! woulda thought maybe a black bass or something...
Went back inshore around 1:30 and still slick..In fact, was like that till quitting time....Stopped outside rock garden again and started picking up shorts and finally two more keepers before heading in.. All I kept between 15 and 17 inches...Water stayed low till a pretty good time after what was supposed to be low tide....I found a rock or something in a place I thought was clean bottom.....About 3/4 a mile west of Black Rock...Bent two blades on my prop but didnt scar it up like it usually does when you hit a rock....With a pair of channel locks and a cresant wrench I got them pretty well straightened out...enough to go back out this morning.....my gift to myself for Christmas is gonna be a new prop !

Waited a little later this morning to go out...Didn't leave Shell Island till around 7:30...Lots warmer than yesterday.Went back to same area and started getting some hits on swa's right off the bat...Then wind moved out of the due east and everything stopped....Fished till about 10 and wind moved around and started coming of the ESE..Bite started in earnest then....From then till about 2 it was very good....Caught a lot of shorts but kept a limit of keepers and probably threw back 15 or more fish over 15 inches...Again everything was between 15 and 18 inches...Nothing real big..When the little rain shower started about 1:15 it was a hit every cast..if one missed it , all you had to do was pop the cork and another one would hit...this lasted till I decided to head in bout 2....All in all, it was a very good day.....
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

YOU SUCK :-D I say that in a nice way :beer: I guess I shoulda stayed out there :oops: Ya gone damn good :thumbup: :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like you hit it right, Sundown. What kind of boat were you in. SR and I were out there most of the day yesterday.
What was I supposed to do today?
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

T.C, I was in a 19' Carolina Skiff V series.....With a Mercury outboard...Have 8' antenna...dang boat looks like a radio station...Hard to miss..
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Can't imagine we didn't see ya. We were the ones in the Key West, with the big guy in the back wearin a long blonde wig. I figgered that would be hard to miss. :-D
What was I supposed to do today?
2true

Post by 2true »

Nice Report.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Good job SD-

TC - :smt044
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Any chance on the #of the rock., I'll trade you death rock # in same area.
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Good late morning. 'What's Her Name' and I were up late with her, catching me up on the latest Carrabelle gossip, amongst other things.
Looks like, those fishing today, will have a pretty nice go of it, weatherwise.
Radar painting pretty good area of activity offshore SE of PC, but BB looks good. NWS fcst sayin' winds 10-15, seas 3-4 PW lt-mod chop. Sounds like overkill to me. Wx Channel sez current wind SSE at 7 vis 3 for St Marks.
Maybe the fish will bite today.
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Whoops- wrong thread..Sorry bout that.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good fishing sundown. :thumbup: Appreciate the report.
Semper Fi
eat_mo_crawfish

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

Congratulations on your first (and hopefully last) adventure with death rock.
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Anybody happen to have the coordinates on that rock ??