Traffic Jam at Lanark Boat Club

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ropeman

Re: Traffic Jam at Lanark Boat Club

Post by ropeman »

Shields wasn’t too crowded yesterday when I put in and took out. Never saw the emergency come in to the lighthouse ramp, but I was a little East fishing.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I ran into Greenbone from this forum yesterday at Bass Pro Shops. He mentioned that they lost a diver out of St. Marks to the bends.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

That's tragic news about the accident. I don't dive, but it seems like the shallower depths out of St. Marks would not lead to the bends? Maybe a related health issue involved or stayed down too long?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

Heard it was a heart attach and the gentleman didn't make it.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

The boat was coming back from SW of the dog Ballard area, and even 5nm away, water depths remain 25 to 30. The bends seems unlikely, but a free diving accident, possibly.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Srbenda wrote:The boat was coming back from SW of the dog Ballard area, and even 5nm away, water depths remain 25 to 30. The bends seems unlikely, but a free diving accident, possibly.
I believe it was coming from the southeast of that area :wink: , but the point about the depth is spot on
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven