Engine repair?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Skunk

Engine repair?

Post by Skunk »

Does anybody know of a place I can get my Evinrude Etec 40 looked at that will do good work and get it turned around reasonably quickly? I usually take my boat to Parkway, but they can't even look at until August 3rd. I don't want to miss half the summer with my boat laid up in the yard.

Thanks.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Engine repair?

Post by silverking »

You could give Shields Marina in St. Marks a call. 850-925-6158

But I'll venture a guess they will have a similar backlog of service. It's the season, plus it's been like Memorial Day Weekend every day for them since March with the virus quarantine situation.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

What’s the problem? You can try Porters marine. I can pass along the number of a mobile mechanic I’ve used before if you’d like. But as sk said, everyone has more business than they can say grace over right now. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

It's not pumping fuel. Think it's probably the fuel pump. It'd be great if you'd pass along theat number.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Never what anyone wants to hear; but if you want it done quick you best get to learning how to fix it..

Porter Marine is my vote; but I know they have been running wide open since spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Another option is the Shell Island Fish Camp, they are busy as well, but worth a shot for a simple repair.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Thanks for all the advice folks! I'm going to go piddle around with it myself and if I can't get her running again I guess I've got some calling around to do.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Check your inbox. Pm sent
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

I did not try Porter's, but Shields and Parkway were both well over a month out before I could drop off my boat for repair when I called in May. I suspect it is worse since then. I have learned a few new skills. Good luck.
Charlie P
Site Sponsor

Post by Charlie P »

Another vote for Porter's 850-421-1490

They turned mine around last month in a week, when all the others were a month out.