Keaton fishing/scalloping 6/27/20.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton fishing/scalloping 6/27/20.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Got to the ramp at 6:45 and there was already a dozen boats there. What happened to the center dock? My wife would walk down it with the rope while I parked the truck. So we had to improvise. She had to back down and park trailer(which was nerve racking for her). Got headed down the canal and saw someone’s day not gonna be good. Image
We ran down to Spring Warrior to fish. The water was very dirty and 85degrees. We managed to get 5 nice trout there before looking for clearer water.
Was much clearer at Adams but no bites there. Time to go swimming so we ran to join the armada to the south. Image
Did a lot of looking around and a little scallop trolling. Lol Image
We did get our 2 person limit. Image
Decided to call it a day and go join the circus at the ramp. People just waiting...and waiting...So ease up and ask a guy at end of dock if his truck is in line. “No I’m waiting on triple A to come look at my truck”. Uh ok care if I slip up in front of you and go get my truck that’s in the lot? Sure no problem so of I go. Meanwhile my wife sees, one guy try to destroy his trailer with a fountain/with twins. And another tries to load his sideways on the trailer. Finally get loaded and went to Deal’s for some great seafood. Mmmm. Another great day with my beautiful wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton fishing/scalloping 6/27/20.

Post by Salty Gator »

That’s a great day Greg. Any size to the scallops, or still pretty small?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Salty Gator wrote:That’s a great day Greg. Any size to the scallops, or still pretty small?
Most were good size. Our 2 gallons made a pint of meat. But the ramp . . . PITA

Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Thanks for sharing. Great report and pictures.

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good report. Glad you found some.

Strange about the center finger pier. Wonder if that was storm damage from Cristobal? Can't imagine the county removing it unless it was damaged or being repaired?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

silverking wrote:Good report. Glad you found some.

Strange about the center finger pier. Wonder if that was storm damage from Cristobal? Can't imagine the county removing it unless it was damaged or being repaired?

Facebook stated there was an incident Thursday and it ended up being roped off before disappearing, though the Facebook theory that it's now a methheads diy pontoon may not be wrong either.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Wonder what that incident was. But it was there three weeks ago and was fine.

Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

I dropped my clients off on the middle dock one day last week then rode by an hour later on the golf cart and it was being taped off under the supervision of our wonderful county commissioner. I have no idea why but the way things are run down here there is no telling.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Are they still limiting boats to only ones who can park in parking spots? Are we’re they parked on the side of the road?
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

You can’t park on the right of way near the ramp on beach rd or Keaton beach drive like people have for years without incident but you can a 1/4 mile away down ezell rd and walk to the ramp if you like, makes a lot of sense I know. Also there are some people offering $20 pay parking and giving golf cart rides.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

It's like game day football parking in front yards. :lol: Gotta love free enterprise. And there will be late arrivals who will gladly pay.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Well supposedly they fixed it now

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Well supposedly they fixed it now

Hope it back this weekend.