Found Fly Box

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FlyrodC

Found Fly Box

Post by FlyrodC »

Morning, if someone lost a large fly box at Shell Point Boat ramp, PM or email me. It was reported found on the local Nextdoor board yesterday and I'll be glad to put you in touch with the person who found it. Reuben - reuben_office@yahoo.com.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Found Fly Box

Post by silverking »

What kind of flies?

@eightwt @terrier @gulfcoast That ramp has had increased activity for the last couple of months. Nice of you to try ID the owner. Hopefully he or she will read this. :thumbup:

I tried Lanark Friday but silty water and no targets made it very frustrating.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Not mine, I'll ask around. :smt004
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

Hey fellas, the owner has been identified and the nice box full of flies has been returned. Thanks.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Happy ending. That could have been an expensive loss.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Red Beard

Found Fly Box

Post by Red Beard »

Good look there. Rare quality in man now a’ days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

I lost 2 boxesThursday at Shell Pt. Discovered just today as we were about to go out. Figured they bounced off the deck as i was hightailing in from storm or at the ramp when i took off, it was raining hard and was in a hurry.
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

eightwt wrote:I lost 2 boxesThursday at Shell Pt. Discovered just today as we were about to go out. Figured they bounced off the deck as i was hightailing in from storm or at the ramp when i took off, it was raining hard and was in a hurry.
Am looking into this a bit further. Will post the outcome as I shared a picture of the box with 8wt and it appears to be his but someone already claimed it. More to follow.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Red Beard wrote:Good look there. Rare quality in man now a’ days

Maybe you spoke too soon ?
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

Nope, the dude who found them says he has an acquaintance that knows eightwt and is working to get the fine box full of flies back to him.
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

FlyrodC wrote:Nope, the dude who found them says he has an acquaintance that knows eightwt and is working to get the fine box full of flies back to him.
Thanks to FlyrodC for his help in this, however i have called the guy who found the box and he has not returned my calls. As of today, no one has got them to me, so i guess the guy who found them, Will, was just blowing smoke. My bad for taking off without securing the boxes. Hope the person who falsely claimed them enjoys the flys, as one of the joys of tying is giving a fellow fly fisher a fly and seeing him catch a fish with it. The worst thing about losing it was there was a nice popper that was a gift from my son in it. Hated losing that.

In any event, have been back at the vise filling my other pistol case. Hope everyone is catching some fish.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

That sucks man, sorry to hear. As a spin fisherman, I didn’t even consider the time invested in a box of flies. I hope it finds its way back to you
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Maybe the guy is busy and give you a call soon. :smt004
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Update - Just got a call from Will, and will be getting the box back. Appears just to be a mix up or whatever. St. Anthony always has my back.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Glad they are making their way back to you.. I’m not into fly fishing yet, but I’m well aware of the art and passion. There has been some flys out at the Shell Point ramp on the pad, I always stop and admire them. Usually pick up a few that have been blown off and put them back.