Fryers

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Fryers

Post by Salty Gator »

I’m working on an outdoor kitchen, and there will be a fryer. I was planning on a 2.5-4 gal stainless bayou classic. Does anyone have any experience with electric fryers? Not a table top indoor job, more small commercial. Cleaning it is the main concern.

Hey gulf coast, did any bc’s come in on the last truck?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Fryers

Post by Blue spinner »

i have been building a outside kitchen also i use a electric presto fry for my everyday uses
its good for cooking fish or what ever for up to 6 people after that i break out the gas cooker
it has a lid so i can leave the oil in it ,so there is less cleanup on it
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

All I can get now is the 2.5 gallon fryers. I do have a 9 gallon on wheels if its not too big for your area. I have a direct account with BC and they can't get any.... COVID 19 !!!
GusMccrae

Post by GusMccrae »

Used a Henny fryer back in the day at Chic Fil A. You'd have to fry a lot to justify. However, they (or one like them) may be available used online or at restaurant supply (especially now with so many restaurants closed, unfortunately).
Advantages of the one we used, was the ability to "drop" the oil. It would go into a separate vat beneath it and would pump through a replaceable paper filter in order to get it back into the cooking vat. There was a high temp rubber hose and nozzle that can be used to refill the upper vat and wash down (with the same oil) the cooking vat. You can let the oil cycle through the filter as long as you like.
We cooked in peanut oil (the chicken, not the fries) and were able to extend the life of the oil significantly by keeping it clean.
These babies are the Cadillac of fryers, and priced accordingly. Runs off 220, if I recall. The one we used was a pressure fryer, and on wheels.

We had a much smaller one at a hunting camp, but can't remember the brand.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Gulf Coast wrote:All I can get now is the 2.5 gallon fryers. I do have a 9 gallon on wheels if its not too big for your area. I have a direct account with BC and they can't get any.... COVID 19 !!!
I think that’s the one I’m going to go with. I just kinda wanted to look at the 4 gal next to the 2.5.
But I think I’m going to go with a small electric and a small propane. I’m moving at the end of a month, so I’ll have room for it. Can I buy it and pick it up a couple of weeks later?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I appreciate all of the input from everyone. I just don’t fry enough to justify something that big.
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

For years I have been frying my fish in the Waring Pro deep fryer. It is the best thing I have come across.

Waring Pro DF280 Professional Deep Fryer, Brushed Stainless
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Why not an outdoor burner and fry in a stockpot? It works great for me for an occasional fish fry.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Srbenda wrote:Why not an outdoor burner and fry in a stockpot? It works great for me for an occasional fish fry.
Use a professional fryer and you won’t have to ask that :wink:
They cook better, use less oil. You have better control of the heat. Most importantly the crud that falls off goes below the heating element instead of eight on top. So the oil stays cleaner. Easier to clean and filter oil.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

Professional :-o Shiot we have been doing it all wrong. Stainless 4 gallon BC would be nice but our cast iron pot works pretty good :lick:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I’m not saying they you can’t do a bang up job with a Dutch oven or a turkey fryer. But the Cajun fryers and bcs are easier to fry and clean. IMHO I really appreciate everyone’s helpful input.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

My daughters wedding and a trip to the keys have put my outdoor kitchen construction on hold. When it's done there will definitely be a Professional fryer purchase. Cause we be frying stuff ! :beer:
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The arteries are hardening and cholesterol levels are shooting up just reading this thread. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
flatsbroke22

Fryers

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I have the 4 gal. and I think it’s the perfect size for home use. I can cook enough trout filets for 4-6 people at one time or if it’s just 2-3, fish plus fries at once with two baskets and your done. Oil will also last a good bit longer with the 4 over the 2.5.

I incorporated my Weber and fryer into one cabinet.Image
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
billfish3r

Post by billfish3r »

Im still using an old Bayou deep fryer. Im planning on buying a new one but Im also having problems deciding what to buy. I guess Ill start by looking at new Bayou deep fryers.