Bottoms Road

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fishbster12

Bottoms Road

Post by Fishbster12 »

Fished the afternoon rising tide yesterday at Bottoms Road.I waded till the tide got too high, then jumped back in the kayak. I even cheated and took fresh pieces of cut mullet to throw out on the edge of the bars. Well, fished for 4 hours wading and kayaking. Result was not a single bite on mullet, spoons, suspended baits. Still better than anything else. Thoughts are appreciated. Tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Bottoms Road

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the honest report. Very tough conditions right now. Water is extremely hot and feeding windows are short. I have heard about success fishing in deeper water (up to 10 feet) for trout. The mats of floating grass don't help.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
TheReelPapaSquat

Re: Bottoms Road

Post by TheReelPapaSquat »

I fished out of Spring Warrior last Friday. Launched at sun-up and back to the ramp at noon. Fished the outgoing tide, with the wind from the east, in stained water from the grassline to about 7 foot of water. Caught one 22 inch red and had something big and bad snap my line above my cajun thunder. One short trout and a couple small BSB. Slow. It was nice being on the water, but happy to call it a day. I'll still fish, but can't wait for fall.
Red Beard

Bottoms Road

Post by Red Beard »

I have seen that area produce well this time of the year, but can be tricky during the dog days of summer. Early mornings there before the sunrise I have found to be a good start, and the golden hour as the sun is setting. Trout will move in closer to the hill during these times too.

Night fishing is also an option this time of year, note other species will be more active as well.. rays, sharks, cats ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.. I don’t claim to know or have known what I’m talking about