Cast net repair

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Cast net repair

Post by Salty Gator »

Does anyone know of someone in the area? I tossed my ( only used once before) Tim Wade net on a school of lys that had a 3-4’ spinner or blacktip underneath. It probably ripped a large hole in my new net. Thanks for any help
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: Cast net repair

Post by Juan »

Just pretend you're giving a cow a hysterectomy and sew it up yourself. :-D
Seriously, If you can tie a knot ( and we all know you can) all you really need is a net shuttle needle and some mono line and a lot of patience. :wink:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Did you check with Tim Wade to see if he would do the repair?

There used to be a guy in Eastpoint. Don't know the name, but business was Golden Nets. Not sure if still in business. Let me know if you want directions.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Kast Net King, 850-838-0104
WetBandit

Post by WetBandit »

I didn’t know what a ‘Tim Wade Castnet’ was all about so I googled it. I’m addition to getting educated I found a bunch of stellar customer service reviews from folks in similar situations. I’d go that route.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

When I bought the net I was under the assumption they would repair them. I called yesterday and was told they didn’t. Did y’all se something suggesting otherwise? I did get the number of a guy on live oak island named Johnny Rivers. I can call him.

Rick, I was going to sew it up, but I figured there was more to it than that.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Salty Gator wrote:When I bought the net I was under the assumption they would repair them. I called yesterday and was told they didn’t. Did y’all se something suggesting otherwise? I did get the number of a guy on live oak island named Johnny Rivers. I can call him.

I wasn't thinking about bait nets when I posted. :hammer: It's been many years since I've repaired nets and they were gill nets. You're probably right David, the small mesh bait nets have to be harder to repair.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I have patched a few holes on mine. They were relatively small and definitely not a professional job but they have held up. I think I watched a video on it. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

https://youtu.be/qfKk_3EDV54
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
WetBandit

Post by WetBandit »

Salty Gator wrote:When I bought the net I was under the assumption they would repair them. I called yesterday and was told they didn’t. Did y’all se something suggesting otherwise? I did get the number of a guy on live oak island named Johnny Rivers. I can call him.

That’s a bummer, this is what I found https://forums.floridasportsman.com/dis ... nt_1355155

I knew it was an older discussion but I wouldn’t have thought things could shift so much. The customer service story almost had me thinking about buying a net. It’s a bummer they told you they don’t do repairs anymore but I guess times change.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

I know Barracuda will replace the cast net one time and all you have to send back is the lead line. I have a friend who can patch nets, in Wakulla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

I second reel bad. Mutt Gilliam and his family are great people and they build quality nets and stand behind them. You can drop at JR's and he'll repair and take it back up there for you to pick up.