Fryers

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: Fryers

Post by onefishtwofish »

Just saw this. Get the 4 gallon for sure. Clean up is so dang easy. Oil stays good for multiple cooks and you just drain it back into the jug with a filter. Could not be easier. When you want to cook for a lot of folks, you can run it in waves - fish and puppies or fries on either side. Folks can start eating right away. I use mine more often for frying wild turkey strips. I dunk them in pancake batter and then roll in corn flakes. They are awesome, but a terrible mess. No big deal with the Bayou Classic!

After draining most of the oil, a little soap and a hose nozzle under pressure and it is clean -a 10 minute job. No sticking at all.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

onefishtwofish wrote:Just saw this. Get the 4 gallon for sure. Clean up is so dang easy. Oil stays good for multiple cooks and you just drain it back into the jug with a filter. Could not be easier. When you want to cook for a lot of folks, you can run it in waves - fish and puppies or fries on either side. Folks can start eating right away. I use mine more often for frying wild turkey strips. I dunk them in pancake batter and then roll in corn flakes. They are awesome, but a terrible mess. No big deal with the Bayou Classic!

After draining most of the oil, a little soap and a hose nozzle under pressure and it is clean -a 10 minute job. No sticking at all.
I second the turkey strips in pancake batter!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

SG, I received four, 4 gallon Bayou Classic fryers in today if'n your still looking for one. :smt004
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Gulf Coast wrote:SG, I received four, 4 gallon Bayou Classic fryers in today if'n your still looking for one. :smt004
I think I’ll take one. I came and got a 2.5 gal ( and my lumber) from you a week or two ago, and it is just a tad small.

Is anyone looking for a great deal on a once used 2.5 gal bayou classic?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

SG...PM sent :thumbup: :thumbup:
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Salty Gator wrote:Is anyone looking for a great deal on a once used 2.5 gal bayou classic?
How much are you looking to get for it?
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

If Ropeman doesn't take it put me next in line.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I’ll double check with GC on what I paid, but I think it was close to $300. How does $200 sound? Used once to fry pork chops and cleaned up like new.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Salty Gator wrote:How does $200 sound? Used once to fry pork chops and cleaned up like new.
Sounds like a good deal, but I don't have a place for one right now. Trying to build a house so I can have an outdoor kitchen one day soon.
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

I'll take it then. PM me on payment/pickup options
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

ropeman wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:How does $200 sound? Used once to fry pork chops and cleaned up like new.
Sounds like a good deal, but I don't have a place for one right now. Trying to build a house so I can have an outdoor kitchen one day soon.
I hear you, mine sat inside for a week or two before my outdoor kitchen was built. Getting painted today.

Wally, pm sent
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Picked it up today on the way home from the water. Going to fry up a nice flounder tomorrow. Thanks GC
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Wally, I think we have a deal, but you haven’t opened up your last pm from me. Shoot me a reply and we will have a hand shake deal. Pickup on the 23rd is fine
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

Responded to your PM. We have a deal. I don't mind paying now as your holding it for me.