Econfina River Sept 26 - 27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ropeman

Re: Econfina River Sept 26 - 27

Post by ropeman »

FishWithChris wrote:Never mix your plastics.
That's what I was thinking. I'll have to get some of the other brands in different colors and some scent and see what happens.

Nobody mentioned the time of day. Is fishing at first light always better or does it depend on the time of tide more?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

ropeman most of my plastics fishing I would say is summertime due to all the floating grass .I like throwing topwater at daylight if it all possible or some kinda plug.i will still throw some soft plastics throughout year but mostly hard baits for me . I really think u could throw a plastic early too but might wanna try one brighter earlier more than u would in day when its sunny out also.
Burning daylight

Post by Burning daylight »

Ropeman I would probably say a couple of hours either side of the tides and the more water movement the better top water early and late redfin and soft plastics the rest of the day :-D
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Thanks for the info everyone! I'll keep trying and see what happens. I made a new push pole in the hopes that I would get in more shallow water with the temps coming down.