Late Post- Aucilla Saturday 10.03.20

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Late Post- Aucilla Saturday 10.03.20

Post by flatsbroke »

Fished out of Aucilla this past Saturday morn and faired pretty well I think, considering the conditions. As many of you know, that strong NE was brutal and also dealt with the chop.
I personally had not been out of Aucilla in 4-5 years and hadn't been at all in 1.5 years. Needless to say, I was pleased with the outcome. Not sure what we did correctly but lady luck was on our side. Fished some bars to the east and also west near Pinhook. Caught them on the flats in 3-4 ft as well. NO short trout, threw back a couple of reds too. Gulp Jerk shad, both corks and jigging. Bone One Knocker. My guide/friend put us on 'em. No idea what these systems will do but can't wait to get back out there. Best of luck to you all in the weeks to come. It'll be on FIRE soon enough. First time ever posting pics so...-Todd
8720.jpeg
KIMG0227.JPG
Flatsbroke
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Late Post- Aucilla Saturday 10.03.20

Post by Redbelly »

That looks pretty good!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Excellent trip and report. The coloring of those fish tell the tale of the water clarity lately.

Good to see you back, Todd. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
firefighter64

Post by firefighter64 »

silverking wrote:Excellent trip and report. The coloring of those fish tell the tale of the water clarity lately.

Good to see you back, Todd. :thumbup:
Yes Sir, Capt. Dave. Glad to be back. Water looked like a strong, sweet tea. Surprisingly water temp was around 69 at first light.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

silverking wrote:Excellent trip and report. The coloring of those fish tell the tale of the water clarity lately.
I'm glad somebody is catching them! That smallest red looks just the same copper color as the one my girlfriend caught in Econfina. The most beautiful red I've ever seen!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Wow!! Some nice fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk