When you find them

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

When you find them

Post by fishinfool »

I have not been out as much as I would like due to weather and scheduling issues, but when I was able to get out, the fish I was able to find were eager to bite.
The river produced as some trout, but as usual for this time of year, most were short. I have been able to find some larger trout and redfish around rock piles when the sun was strong enough to warm them up.
The water temp has been hovering near 60 degrees and has been tannin stained due to our recent rains.
All in all, this winter has been ok and I hope to get out more before the spring.
kenfly

Re: When you find them

Post by kenfly »

I too have had a hard time making out there, my son played competitive golf and keeps me pretty busy on weekends, good to hear they are biting pretty good, I can’t wait for a lil warmer weather , last time was out didn’t do worth a damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil. 4:8

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Thank you for taking the time to give us an update on your winter fishing trips. It is hard to get out with the first of the year activities and the cold. I was considering trying the Aucilla River. One time we went and stopped by JR's for see if he had any shrimp. It was cold and windy. He looked at us and said "y'all must really need to go fishing in this weather." And, I'm getting mighty close to that stag again. Thanks again for your post.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I don’t get to go in the winter but from what I’ve seen on FB it was been killer. Redfish after redfish. I’ve seen more Redfish pictures than deer or hog pictures for the first time ever I think.