April 5th @ Keaton

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

April 5th @ Keaton

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

My beautiful bride and I got to the landing at 8:00 to fish the incoming tide. Man the water was low. Weather man was way off on the wind. It was almost calm. Image
We headed north and got to fishing. The drift sock did not get wet today. Drift was almost nonexistent all day. We tore up the fish today (all but one of them were too short). Sounded like most people were having a tough day like us from the chatter on the radio. Decided just for fun to see if we could catch a trout on a gummy worm. Image Image
Yep you can Image. We headed in early as we were catching more fish than could stand……..not. But we enjoyed the beautiful day with each other and the boat ran great. What more can you ask for. Can’t wait to go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saltydawg

Re: April 5th @ Keaton

Post by Saltydawg »

Thx for the post, looks like y’all had a beautiful day. Sorry the big ones didn’t cooperate. My wife and I are headed to Steinhatchee Monday for several days and super excited to just cruise those beautiful flats. Don’t get me wrong, sure hoping to catch some fish as we love trout filets. If anyone is out there this weekend and gets into the fish please mark that spot with an X in the water.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Good luck to y’all next week. There were tons of boats out for a Friday. Water was stained everywhere 63-65 degrees. That one little dock is going to be a cluster on the weekends.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Public service announcement: The first boat in line is only the first one out. If your trailer is backed down. So when you see a boat ease by you to a waiting trailer. Chill out.

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Amen brother I don't know where that entitled crap came from.

Glad y'all had a great trip otherwise!

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Amen brother I don't know where that entitled crap came from.

Yep and it gets exponentially worse during scallop season.

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Amen brother I don't know where that entitled crap came from.

Yep and it gets exponentially worse during scallop season.

Which is why I refuse to go to Keaton during scallop season unless it's during the week.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Hit-n-Miss wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:08 am Good luck to y’all next week. There were tons of boats out for a Friday. Water was stained everywhere 63-65 degrees. That one little dock is going to be a cluster on the weekends.

:o Where's the fishing report? :-D
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Saltydawg wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:01 am Thx for the post, looks like y’all had a beautiful day. Sorry the big ones didn’t cooperate. My wife and I are headed to Steinhatchee Monday for several days and super excited to just cruise those beautiful flats. Don’t get me wrong, sure hoping to catch some fish as we love trout filets. If anyone is out there this weekend and gets into the fish please mark that spot with an X in the water.
:o Where's the fishing report? :-D