$40 million on a Party?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Do you think Bush acted in a financially responsible manner having such an expensive inauguration party?

Poll ended at February 8th, 2005, 8:07 am

Yes
47%
No.
40%
No comment.
13%

Total votes: 15

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

$40 million on a Party?

Post by mjsigns »

I Found this article in the "South Coast Toady" website. What is your opinion?

No time to spend $40 million on a party

Thumbs down for the Bush administration for spending $40 million on an inauguration, the most ever spent, at a time of war and in the wake of a global disaster, the tsunami. The Bush administration could have put on a much more modest inauguration party and used much of that $40 million to assist other more worthy causes at home or abroad.
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

wonder what they got for 40 mil....I heard a guy on the radio say they only had finger foods and a cash bar. :o

I doubt that number is very accurate mj. :roll:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Logical first answer is no, but if you understand the amount of currency that is wasted in America and the world the answer would be yes.....When you have actors receiving millions of dollars for movies, nascar drivers being paid millions in indorsements, Tiger Woods, Kolby Bryant, Williams Sisters, Donald Trumps wedding, Paris Hilton receiving 300K to show up at a party......so what is 40 million...What is the advertising budget for the Super bowl?

One of my stocks traded yesterday at a volume of 115,812,045, meaning that many shares changed hands..at 6.09 a share that is $70,529,532.00...for one stock, how many stocks trade on the Nasdaq, DOW and AMEX?

Think about...... 8)
Flats Rascal
Site Sponsor

Post by Flats Rascal »

$40 million in private funds was spent on nine inaugural balls, according to this report....

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6846473/

8)
Jesus saves, George Nelson withdraws!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I would like to think that the high cost is attributed to the tightest security of any inauguration in American history. :-?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

40 mil want even buy some houses nowadays :o it just seems like a large amount of money to us poor folks :-D :smt010
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Second term, slap the hand on the Bible, take the oath and get yo azz back to work.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

I'd a felt better if the RNC would have sprung for at least a couple of Authur Murray sessions for the Pres.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

stockwell-
take the oath and get back to work.
My thoughts exactly.... :wink:
pennfish

Post by pennfish »

I think its stupid, but as I understand it the money was privatly donated money. I dont want anyone telling me how I should or should not spend my money if I had any
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I'm with DS!