Waders

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BIG
Site Sponsor

Waders

Post by BIG »

I want to buy one for occassional use. My limited research has found price ranges from 29.99 to 269.99.

Will rubber waders do the job of do I need to pay the extra money for Neoprene (sp?)

Does the age old adage apply, you get what you pay for?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Where you are going to wade would dictate what kind of waders you want. If you're coastal wading around here, I would use a durable stocking foot wader, and a good pair of wading boots. When you get in the mud (notice I didn't say if), the tyoe with the boots made on will pull off of your feet. If you're around sawgrass or oyster bars you'll want something more durable than the $29 plastic waders.
What was I supposed to do today?
rev
Site Sponsor

Post by rev »

I've had a pair of breathables that I've used for two seasons now when fishing out of my kayak. Breathables are more expensive than neoprene (although you can usually get pairs from Bass Pro & Cabelas for less than $100) but they are more versatile. Neoprene waders are hot no matter what you wear under them, while you can wear appropriate clothing under breathable waders to match any temperature. They are perfect for days like last weekend, where the water temperature is still too cold to wade comfortably, but the air temperature calls for short short sleeves.