Oct. 5th Out of Carrabelle......(0 keepers)

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Oct. 5th Out of Carrabelle......(0 keepers)

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Beautiful day! Plenty of live bait available. Hit 10 or so numbers and the O Tower. Stretch 30's out the back during travels. Not one keeper grouper caught! Maybe they were in closer? I'm not sure what the problem was we fished from 10am-5pm.

Hope ya'll had better luck than me.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Nope not me. 100 miles round trip. Hit 110, 95, 85, 70, 60, 55, 45. 5 shorts. Slowest day I've ever seen. Water absolutely filthy.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

MMmmmmm, I thought we were heading for the period of "plenty".

Could it be related to the recent storms in the Gulf ?

The next best thing to "Catching" is "Fishing", so it ain,t all bad. :D :D
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

I think the storms have a lot to do with it to much fresh water let alone all the hi winds and the seas all stired up.......to the south thoe they did well over the weekend but the storms were not as bad down their below Yankeetown.........
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

I just talked to a guy from work who had a decent day out of St. Marks Sunday. He said that all fish were caught on a mullet colored stretch-30. Nothing else, picked up a fish. 50ft.
d-tox
Site Sponsor

Not much better

Post by d-tox »

Fished most of the day using cut bait. The result was one keeper red grouper, a dozen or so snapper and a few balck sea bass.

However, I did try my new Hydro-Glow light at the K tower after dark. I have never seen a bait ball like that in my life! It was HUGE. First came the small fish, followed by the predators and then the squid showed.

Nothing but ladyfish were biting, but I bet that this light would be deadly in shallower water (12-20 feet) for trout. I'm certainly going to try.