Chesapeake Light Craft 17LT Sea Kayak

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BBridgeJohn

Chesapeake Light Craft 17LT Sea Kayak

Post by BBridgeJohn »

In a former life...I began to build a wooden sea kayak from CLC boats. I completed the hull only. Through job changes and moving around the country I have lost interest in the project. This is a "stitch and glue" Okoume hull. very light weight and supposedly fast. If anyone is interested in making an offer, I have all of the remaining parts that need to be installed ( deck, combing, etc. ), in depth directions, drawings, 2 home-made support stands, and any expertise that I am able to offer in the completion of the boat. The only other investment that would need to be made to complete this boat would be fresh 2 part epoxy, and a little time. If there is any interest, I will post pictures of the hull, parts, and any other info that you might want. Until then, the link below will give you an idea as to what type of craft I'm talking about.

I spent ~$740 for the kit a few years ago. My wife would be excited to fit a car in our garage :-D

http://www.clcboats.com/boats/chesapeak ... 8842710b8/
Happiness is a choice..even if chemically induced
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

What's your price?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Why am I not surprised that yer the first one to reply to this :smt036 :smt025 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Chalk wrote:What's your price?
Yup. You need another project.
What was I supposed to do today?
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

I would have been first, but was at my brothers and couldn't remember my password. :smt012 How much are you looking to get for it?

Nathan
BBridgeJohn

Post by BBridgeJohn »

I really don't know what it is worth. It would be nice to get out of it what I have in it, however, I'm not a great salesman and I have to admit that it doesn't have much value to me as it is.
Have your people contact my people, make an offer, offer a trade, use colorful metaphors to describe my sales strategy :D , or whatever...Satisfaction guaranteed or I will replace it in the spot my wife's car is supposed to be for a full refund...unless part of the trade is a grouper digging trip and then you're screwed cuz I don't have any grouper skills to return the favor. Cheers :beer:
Happiness is a choice..even if chemically induced