St. Marks 12/21/02

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 12/21/02

Post by tin can »

My son and I ran the river in the dark and were out on the Trollin' Grounds at first light this morning. It was a little breezy early. We trolled my best spot for an hour. NOTHIN! I decided to stick it out there a little longer when the rod went down. First fish of the morning- 23" Gag. Stayed on that spot for another half hour. NOTHIN! Made the move to my number two hole. Within 10 minutes - BAM! Second fish of the day- 23" Gag. By now it's dead low tide. I told my son I was surprised we had caught the two we had with the water as low as it is -0.8 tide, looked lower than that). But we hung in there a little while longer. A few minutes later the rod went down. Third fish of the day - 18" Red Grouper. Not big enough, so that one went back. Both of us had to be home early and time was running out. I told my son we'd make one more pass. Midway through the pass the rod went down. Fourth fish of the day- 25" Gag. Had to wind um up and go.
We didn't catch a limit. We didn't even catch 1 limit. But I had a wonderful morning with my favorite fishin partner.......my Son. Thanks, luke.
What was I supposed to do today?