Raw Fishing Report 1/14/02

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cbellefishndive

Post by cbellefishndive »

Raw! The only way to describe the fishing this past week and weekend. Wind,rain, and more wind. I think you get the picture.

Fishing from Carrabelle to the south and southeast, anywhere from 80 ft. to 40 ft., the fish were very finicky. The water conditions have been poor to say the least. Visibility was almost zero so I guess the fish had to smell the bait 'cause they sure couldn't see it. Live bait / deadbait such as ely and cigar minnows, squid ( I think we even threw the kitchen sink at em) the lockjaw was on. When we did get them going they would hit live or dead bait. It didn't matter what you fired down, they would grab it.

Our crew spent six days offshore with Captain Reid at the helm catching mostly big gags and a few red grouper. Noticed almost all the black grouper had a red tint to each tail, meaning they are on the move to getting ready to spawn. If we can get a few days of good weather, our next trip will be to the forty break, so stay tuned! Remember, if you want it raw, and reel, look us up! We will be glad to answer all your questions!

Captain Chuck
Carrabelle Fish & Dive
http://www.cbellefishndive.com