Scalloping 8-19 & 20

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Gurl

Scalloping 8-19 & 20

Post by Sea Gurl »

Well I had a very hard decision to make; fish in the NFGFC tourney or go to Indian Pass with friends and scallop St Joe for the weekend :roll: After much agonizing over it (really) scalloping won out.

The house we stayed at was truly a "piece of heaven" directly on Indian Pass beach. The view was spectacular to say the least. Then there were the scallops....

Lots and lots and lots of scallops. We had our limit in 1 1/2 hrs both days and cleaned them on the water so that we each had a pint cleaned daily. The folks at Presnels were sooooo nice and friendly it was a pleasure to launch from there.

Then there was time for crabbing. Again - lots & lots of blue crabs. They were really good boiled up too.

Too bad I couldn't have done the tourney also but I'm glad I didn't miss truly being in a bit of paradise if only for a short while.

Sea Gurl
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

sounds like fun... and hot!
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

It's a good thing I wasn't with y'all :-D I eat twice as many as I put in the bucket when shucking on the water :o Sounds like y'all had a blast and made some great memories :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS: Ya know ya shouldda posted this in the fishin section :wink: :smt004 :beer:
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

WTG Sea Gurl. May need to try it again this year. :thumbup:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Sounds like a nice trip SG....Birddog and I was looking for ya Saturday, but all of you scallopers look the same wet with a red flag :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Chalk wrote:Sounds like a nice trip SG....Birddog and I was looking for ya Saturday, but all of you scallopers look the same wet with a red flag :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:smt005

Sounds like you had a good time, SG. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Wevans - I wondered about the where to post myself but since scalloping isn't fishing, rigging or baits I didn't know if it should go in "Fishing" guess it's part of the "etc" :o

Chalk - that's mostly true but I bet we were the ONLY ones out there with a Weimaraner scalloping too :smt004

Sea Gurl
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

That's a great sounding weekend! :thumbup: :lick: I'm glad your decision didn't leave you wishing you had gone in a different direction. (Eerman and I don't need any more competiton anyway :D ) I'll trade ya a bag of trash filets for a bag of scallops :-D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Sea Gurl wrote:Chalk - that's mostly true but I bet we were the ONLY ones out there with a Weimaraner scalloping too :smt004

Sea Gurl
That explains the barking dog we listened to all day. :lol:

I thought Jumptrout had snuck over to SJB to chase some trash fish. :-D
GULP! free since 1970.
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Wasn't MY dog - she can't bark with her snorkle in her mouth :P

SG
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

Sounds fun!! :thumbup: and tasty too!! :lick: