South Dakota Hunting Trip

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

South Dakota Hunting Trip

Post by Ron Wilson »

Getting prep'd for a trip to S. Dakota for a pheasant hunt first week in Sept. Have a buddy retiring from the Marine Corps and opening a hunting lodge. I'm heading up with (3) labs to drop off for the season. Can't wait.

Bird Dog: Got a buddy in Maryland taking a lab and setter to the lodge for the year. Should be plenty of picks of points on birds.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

I'm jealous. I wish I could go . Here's to you finding many Roosters :beer:
GULP! free since 1970.
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Bird hunting in Sept w/out snakes :thumbup:
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

I've enjoyed a lot of good years up in South Dakota chasing roosters. We've always gone up the 3rd weekend in October, and can't imagine going up the first of September. It's sometimes warm in October, so it's gotta be hot in September! I won't be able to get up there this year, so shoot a bird or two for me! :-D

Bailey :beer:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I'm jealous too...of course if it was a North Dakota duck hunt, I would be insanely jealous :-D
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Joining the jealous club here as well. That is something I've always wanted to do. Post a report when you get back. :thumbup:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Definately looking forward to pictures and reports. I'm still working on a wound up 6 mo Brittney. Heading to Oklahoma for Quail in November :D Either I'm get'n older or the dogs are get'n more energy :o
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Seven days and counting. Just returned from an unexpected 4-day business trip to California, so I lost a couple days work with the dogs..........flew into/out of Vegas, so it wasn't all bad.

Stopped by the Bass Pro Shop in Vegas looking to purchase some Gulp shrimp with some of the $$$$ I was able to pull from the one-armed bandits........no joy, they didn't have any.