Rock Island Fenholloway

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MAJMPS4

Rock Island Fenholloway

Post by MAJMPS4 »

Got new lures, new reel, baseball is over so look out here I come. Hadn't fished since December. Anyone got any recommendations on this area? Did tremendously well there last sring and early summer.
U.S.
Army of ONE
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Hail the Reefraider, he knows that area. Come to think of it his whole family knows that place :D.
reefraider

Post by reefraider »

Fish are on the flats, Any where from 4.5' to 6.5' of water. East of Fenholloway is very merky, but seems to be holding as many fish as going west to the cleaner water. If you go to the east, go about as far as Spring Creek and get into the right depth of water. If you go west, get between Rock Island and the first bird rack.
The bite was very slow Saturday, but it will pick up soon.
MAJMPS4

Post by MAJMPS4 »

Thanks Reef, I usually go west From the mouth of the Fenholloway. Have never gone south toward Spring Warrior. ANy suggestions on lures? I like to see those GATORS explode on the topwater. BUt will take them anyway I can get them. Pink Catch 2000 is my favorite suspending lure. Any other information is great.
U.S.
Army of ONE
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hey Maj, I'll be down around Spring Warrior to Keaton starting this weekend for about a week. :lol: Give me a shout on the radio, and I'll let you know how we're doing South of you. As far as lures, in my area almost anything red/white top water works as long as you work it slow.
Semper Fi
MAJMPS4

Post by MAJMPS4 »

Thanks CS, cant shout on the radio, Im fishing out of a 15' stick steering. If ou see me scooting around flag me down and we can compare coolers
U.S.
Army of ONE
reefraider

Post by reefraider »

MAJMPS4,

As for ? about the lures I use. I make my own scented lures called Hyper Grubs, and I mainly fish with them. I will also throw a mirror-lure from time to time. I prefer mirro-lures that have a chartreuse tint. This is very effective on Mirro-Lures. I tint my own, by using Plasti-Kote touch up paint, that you can get at Wally world, and adding chartreuse lure dye in it. It makes mirro-lures look great. It adds the tint you want and gives the lure a nice shiney appearance.

Best of luck to you.