DOA

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

George Flythe

Post by George Flythe »

Old Dog, what color DOA did you use at Apalchicola? Can the DOA be bought in the local tackle shops or is it a catalog order only product?
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

George, I like the 1/4 oz "nightglow" (white/creme) the best, but also do well on the chartreuse and the pink. I've found 'em at lots of different tackle places, as well as Walmart. Bay City Lodge in Apalach. has a selection in their tackle shop/store.
In current, or tidal flow, I'll throw them as far away from the boat as I can, strip more line out to make sure it's on the bottom, then I drift with it bumping the bottom. When I cast and retrieve, I make a cast, let it settle to the bottom, then retrieve VERY SLOWLY giving it a twitch every so often. It really works best when it's retrieved slowly. I've had guys on my boat that have a hard time retrieving it slowly enough. They're used to a different kind of fishing and it takes some adjustment. Usually when I get several fish ahead of them they start paying attention.
I'm afraid I'm gonna wake up some morning and find out they have placed some kind of restriction on using 'em. Well maybe that's a little hyperbole, but they do work.
Good luck with it.
OD
George Flythe

Post by George Flythe »

:grin: Old Dog Thanks my man. I will look for them at the Tallhassee Wallmart