econfina 4/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

beerfish

econfina 4/27

Post by beerfish »

day started out good. hit the water at about 9:30am and the water was completely calm, within the first hour we had a monster red on, but he straightened the hook on the jighead. 5 minutes later we landed a 24in. ,6lb. red... my biggest ever. i was pretty pumped and ready for a good day of fishing, but that was it. seas were flat til noon, but then picked up, water was not clear at all. we fishing a few more hours from shore to as far out as the bird rack. tried chumming and threw everything in the tackle box, but nothing worked. first time in my life i have been flats fishing and not even seen a trout. all day we only managed one red, 1 pinfish, 1 remora,1 2in. rock bass. that was it! and i even tried to catch pinfish when i got bored. that red sure was nice though!
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Sounds like this past w/e was a bust on the fish. :-?
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Other than the old stand by... "Thats why they call it fishing..." :o Does any one have any theories as to why the "bite" seemed to be so weak this past weekend?
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Water temp dropped from 74° to 65° from Monday to Saturday. Water stained up again from the rain. Cold front pushed through and high pressure built in.

Take your pick.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

beerfish

Post by beerfish »

thanks, that makes me feel a little bit better that there is a reason other than i s*ck at fishing. i was considering taking up bowling or golf after yesterday's performance. by the way, did anyone see that boat sunk out at rock island?
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

We had a good day fishing on sunday, caught 9 keeper trout and a 20" pompano, fished west toward the aucilla, 6 to 4 feet. c/t grubs tipped with fish bites. 8)
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
beerfish

Post by beerfish »

we only fished east toward rock island :(
nitrofish

Post by nitrofish »

Went Sat. loaded for everything bait was plentiful but around the rocks in 11 -12 ft small rockers no cob's etc. further out slow slow slow :sleep:
NITROFISH
"Let The Big Fish Eat"