SHOWBOAT

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

SHOWBOAT

Post by Ron Wilson »

Can you send me your e-mail address, I've tried to PM you twice more to address your questions, but they are still sitting in my outbox. You can use the e-mail address in my profile.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

That generally means that he has a full Inbox, and needs to delete some messages out of it :beer:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nope....if they are in your outbox that means he has not picked them up yet....I stay at 100% :roll: ....So, I would email him and tell him to check his PM's :thumbup: :thumbup:
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Sorry Ron,

My email is bshowman@hotmail.com. Thanks for your help.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Put the dog questions and answers on the Forum, we can turn this into a sporting dog Forum, if we try. :wink:

I love the diversity. :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

I'll join in Cran!!

I'm working an 8 mo American Brittney and I'm having trouble getting her to point and hold. I've been working her on planted pigeons and on a check cord. She is birdy in that She hunt's them but wants to catch them. I can't seem to get her to stop and point. Occassionally I can slow her to a stopping point when we approach the bird but She wants to go on to catch. She's quick as a cat and I'm beginning to wonder if I should just leave the gun at home and let her catch all she can :D I guess I'll just keep on working her and wait for something to click in her head.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Sir reel/Cran,

If you're looking for some training tips or general bird dog talk (as oppossed to general talk from Birddog-jk BD-we love your posts) I recomend you look at uplandjournal.com. There are many skilled trainers and breeders that post on that forum (they also have an interesting fly-fishing section). But you'll have to look past the fact they're mostly yankees from NE. If you go there you'll notice some posts from mshowman, my father, who is neither a trainer nor a breeder but has been working dilligently to develop his 2 year old llewellin setter.

Good luck with your Brittney SR, and tight lines this weekend to all (especially those headed to PSJ).
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.