I am Concerned

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Charles
Site Sponsor

I am Concerned

Post by Charles »

The hickory nut crop seems to be a bust this year and acorns are way down. Next year may be a bad year for squirrel huntin'.

I think it was the lack of rain over the summer. Which is related to the hippies bathing at Wakulla Beach, causing all the muck and stopping up the Spring Creek boil. :wink:
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I've got a pile of hickory's here at the house, and they dropped their normal crop this year. Now the oak trees I deer hunt around usually produce a pile of acorns, not a one this year! I think it's due to lack of rain as well.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Keep in mind the "red oak" family of oak trees require 2 years to produce an acorn while the "white oak" family of oak trees require only 1 year.

I haven't noticed a lack of hickory nuts this year.
GULP! free since 1970.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I have noticed a considerable increase in the number of nuts on this forum this year.
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

tin can wrote:I have noticed a considerable increase in the number of nuts on this forum this year.
:lol: :thumbup:
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Chalk wrote:
tin can wrote:I have noticed a considerable increase in the number of nuts on this forum this year.
:lol: :thumbup:
:-D :-D

We've got plenty of nuts this year up here. The pecans seem to be a little shy. I've still got trees with plenty of acorns all around my deerstand. :D
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Seems like I have more acorns than last year here but then again I think there are too many nuts around me all the time.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

I got hit in the head by two acorns getting out of my truck this evening and you can come shoot all the squirrels you want out of my backyard. Just tell my daughter their sleeping. :-D
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

GLOBAL WARMING! Just ask Al Gore :roll:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.