Augusta National adds first 2 female members

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Re: Augusta National adds first 2 female members

Post by WolfeMan »

"Better to keep your mouth closed (not post) and be thought a fool than to open it (post anyway) and remove all doubt"

*sigh* One of these days I hope to understand the logic behind racism, until then I will continue to bask in the warm soft glow of ignorance and be thankful I was not raised that way.
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

RHTFISH wrote:I don't really got a dog in this hunt! Several years ago when Augusta National offered me a membership the
negotiations ended abruptly when they said NO WAY to my desire to fish on the course during the Masters....or any other time.

I will make this statement without reservation: Dr. Condi Rice is on the short list of people who most make me
proud to be an American!
After wading through the male bovine feces of the first paragraph ... :smt005 I completely agree about Condi. She is top drawer. Both of these ladies both play golf and are accomplished players. These two were not added as tokens, they met the requirements and are great additions! :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

WolfeMan wrote:"Better to keep your mouth closed (not post) and be thought a fool than to open it (post anyway) and remove all doubt"

*sigh* One of these days I hope to understand the logic behind racism, until then I will continue to bask in the warm soft glow of ignorance and be thankful I was not raised that way.
My parents were never racists and I am thankful for that. However, my friends and our culture was racist as all get out. I am glad that for the most part we are throwing off those shackles of mindless hate. :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!