Mr. April

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Re: Mr. April

Post by dombern34 »

:pop_1
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Based upon the interpretation from Alan Peirce my guess is half the boats that fished the tournament or any other day are in violation.
In fact,our boat probably would have if we had caught more than one over.
I did bring home 2 over because Showboat gave me his fish.
Does that mean I violated a possession regulation?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
WILLIS

Post by WILLIS »

"What y'all talkin bout WILLIS?? ,that weigh in was illegal." "Just look at the picture with Ole Mr. Perry holdin both his "2" trout over "20 INCHES". As Willy would say "Don't be hatin on me dog, I'm just tryin to keep it rizzy". Willis is GONE!!
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Based upon the interpretation from Alan Peirce my guess is half the boats that fished the tournament or any other day are in violation.
Given Mr Pierce works for FWC, his was not an interpretation rather it was fact. So when the man approaches you and inquires about your catch, or when you bring your catch to the scale, shall you be as forthcoming as you are here on this forum if an angler on the boat helps you fill your limit?
Stay Thirsty My Friends
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

let me tell you a story.......ill get back with ya :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: the fish are chewin at mashes sands........a/k/a Daddy's Hole
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

make sure you have a stiff south wind from the north
WILLIS

Post by WILLIS »

Is this a "MOCKery"???? :beer:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

rocket wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:Based upon the interpretation from Alan Peirce my guess is half the boats that fished the tournament or any other day are in violation.
Given Mr Pierce works for FWC, his was not an interpretation rather it was fact. So when the man approaches you and inquires about your catch, or when you bring your catch to the scale, shall you be as forthcoming as you are here on this forum if an angler on the boat helps you fill your limit?
Sorry to disagree with you.
If all laws and regulations were fact we would not need the SCOTUS to interpret them would we?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

The state of Florida could save a lot of money printing up the fishing rules and regulations every year-- just let everyone "interpret" their own bag limits, or "what they do on their boat". You can "disagree" all you want, but this part of the seatrout bag limit is very clear, maybe you need to read it S_L_O_W_E_R. As fishermen we ALL should be interested in the conservation of OUR fisheries, both for our better fishing, and that of future generations. There should(?) be a lesson learnt here, but trying to justify someone else's mistake only "muddy's the water"...
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

My Photo All Release idea is looking better and better. :smt023
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

rockyg wrote:

My Photo All Release idea is looking better and better. :smt023
Kinda hard to grill a picture.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

But it would be a whole lot harder for Mr. Alan Peirce to fine you, from pictures of fish that were released unharmed!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Be real hard since he is not a law enforcement officer.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Years ago, when I first started dating my wife, we headed down to Shell Pt. to do some fishing in a little jon boat I had. I stopped on the way down and bought her a fishing license, and renewed mine at the same time. She was attending FSU and had to read Moby Dick for class, so she put a lawn chair in the jon boat and read while I waded the oyster bars and caught both of our limits of trout. On the way back in to the canal at Shell Pt. we got stopped by the FWC. He checked both of our licenses and our limits of fish. He could not read the date on my wife's new license and before I could tell him that we just bought them both at the same time, she said "That's okay officer, I wasn't fishing any how. "

The officer said that since we had two limits of fish and two active fishing licenses, we were good to go, congratulated us on our catch, and off we went.

- Steve Stinson
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Steve Stinson wrote:Years ago, when I first started dating my wife, we headed down to Shell Pt. to do some fishing in a little jon boat I had. I stopped on the way down and bought her a fishing license, and renewed mine at the same time. She was attending FSU and had to read Moby Dick for class, so she put a lawn chair in the jon boat and read while I waded the oyster bars and caught both of our limits of trout. On the way back in to the canal at Shell Pt. we got stopped by the FWC. He checked both of our licenses and our limits of fish. He could not read the date on my wife's new license and before I could tell him that we just bought them both at the same time, she said "That's okay officer, I wasn't fishing any how. "

The officer said that since we had two limits of fish and two active fishing licenses, we were good to go, congratulated us on our catch, and off we went.

- Steve Stinson
That is the story that can be told over and over for years on end, two people fishing and both have license. That is what most folks are talking about. Common sense, not wasting, and staying within the limits is not abusing the resources. Thanks Steve.