St. Marks 11/25/02

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 11/25/02

Post by tin can »

Seatrout99 and I idled away from the lighthouse ramp at 6:40 A.M. this morning looking for grouper. It was a little rough for my little boat first thing this morning. We went out about 6 miles and threw a bait out the back. By 10:30 A.M. we had caught 1 keeper grouper, several short grouper, and a couple of nice sea bass. The wind layed about 10:30, and we headed south. Went to an area in about 28 feet of water, and tried bottom fishing. Nothing doing. We went back to trolling, and almost immediately hooked up. We ended the day with 8 good keeper grouper. We probably caught 12 or so shorts, also. The thrill of the day was when I had one almost to the boat and saw another following that one, trying to steal the bait. I stopped reeling, letting the 1 I had hooked swim around on a tether. Within 10 seconds the second fish was also hooked. I HAD TWO FISH ON! It didn't last long, though. the two fish were fighting against each other and the bait pulled out of both fish. Guess thats what I get for being greedy. :D

We had a very pleasant day on the water, and Seatrout99 can fulfill his promise to his wife- they'll have grouper fingers for Thanksgiving.

What was I supposed to do today?
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

great day fishing, did ST enjoy the cool more breeze and cold sea spray?
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Oh, yeah. I had a blast. :D