Tackle swap????

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Atticus
Site Sponsor

Tackle swap????

Post by Atticus »

I was thinking we could get together this winter and have a tackle-swap, beer drinking fest somewhere. For instance, I have a bunch of mirolures that I have given up on, sure would like to trade them for someone's bucktail jigs... I have some rods I want to get rid of also. Maybe we can make it part of the social or something. Just a thought. :thumbup:
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

sounds like a great idea. I think we all have some of those lures that look great (or we have been told are great), but that never materialized into quality fish.

A lure-trade is a similar concept to a poker game I was involved in my last trip to the Everglades. We were camping and not returning to Choko for almost week. As it turned out a couple of my buddies hadn't packed enough soft plastics to feed all the jacks and ladyfish one inevitably encounters in a search of snook. A poker game with lures of all values ensued.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Inshore for offshore rod/reels. I've got at least two extra stradics/redbone combo's. Tackle trading :thumbup: I'm looking for offshore stuff...TLD's in particular.
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

I can just imagine the conversation; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q. "I have this box of lures that I can't catch anything on and I think they are useless, what will you swop me for them ?"

A. "Errrrr, a small bucket of mud"