Keaton Offshore 8 Dec 02

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Kai Lover

Keaton Offshore 8 Dec 02

Post by Kai Lover »

Pretty day on the gulf. Started in 43' water temp 57.4 degrees with LYs on outgoing tide. Bumpy ride out w/3' seas. First 2 fish came easy within 5 minutes. After that LOTS of throwbacks then a mixed bag with a keeper here and there plus a few we COULDN'T turn. Bite slowed with slack tide and we were done with 2 boxes of LYs. Fish preferred LYs over live pins.

Left for 58' of water for incoming tide. Water temp 59.7 and lots of bait pods and sky rocketing kings--thought the slimies would be gone. Hooked a few more keeper gags, kings, and a lot of squirrel fish.

Called it a day at 1645. Wind died and ran 5500 RPM all the way to the hill. Results: 8 Gags, 1 Red, and 2 Slimes. Biggest gag was 14 lbs @ 32". Fairly lean fish.

Good day. Nothing broken and lost minimal tackle. :lol:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Nice fish, Kia. Looks like a good day.
What was I supposed to do today?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Way to go...
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Nice fish! Wish I had that kinda luck at Keaton..I haven't been to that depth before out of Keaton. I figured the fish would be in shallower??? Next time I will go deep. Did you troll at all? Was there alot of grass still?
Chug.