Fripp Island, SC

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Fripp Island, SC

Post by Browning Slayer »

I'm headed there the 1st weekend of October to have a guy's weekend. I'm dragging the Skiff up there and was wandering if anyone had any info on where to fish or put in at. I've got a long list of ramps and I was going to spend my first day exploring. Anyone have any ideas or fished this area?
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

I lived in Charleston for 5 years before I moved here.....and I have never heard of Fripp Island. Where is it? :-?
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Just south west of Charleston (on the coast). North of Hilton Head and East of Beaufort and Parris Island SC. It's a small island that the Harbor river runs through. It's about a mile south of "Hunting Island" State Park. It doesn't amaze me you haven't heard of it cause there is nothing as far fishing reports from there. It's a Redfish paradise so I've heard (2 per person, per day) and is full of grass. There are plenty of guides from the Fripp Island Marina but all they post is pics and no reports. I've got 3 days to put some fish in the boat so I'm gonna give a try. This is a guys weekend and a fund raiser for the American Heart Association. There is a inshore tournament the weekend I'm there but that's all I know except we got a nice house on the water and it gets me back to some Saltwater!