Thanksgiving...what is it for you?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ty one on

Thanksgiving...what is it for you?

Post by Ty one on »

For me, it is a day off to spend with friends and family.

The last few years we have always cook at my house. I don't mind it, we are set up good for cookouts and for eating outside. People usually stop by at different times of the day.

We will fry two turkeys and two chickens starting about 8am. A friend is bringing a turkey by to fry and then taking it to his brothers house. My Father in-law is bringing some oysters too. All in all it is pretty mellow. We have been known to go do a little fishing in the late afternoon while the women nap. We even have a place up the St. Marks River we discovered about five years ago called the "Thanksgiving Day Hole". May get the chance to check it out. :thumbup:
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Lunch at Mom and Dads. Sister and family coming to town from Savannah. Roast Turkey,Ham, Ice cold oysters.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Leaving at 5 am to spend Thanksgiving with my daughter in Nashville.
Look out Nashville Bass Pro Shop.
Be back Sunday night.
Ty,leave some fish for me to practice on.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE. :thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Maybe fish tomorrow afternoon, fish Thur. morning, go eat at the wifes Aunts, go fishin in the afternoon, fish, fish fish the rest of the days :smt004 :-D :beer: :beer:
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

T-day is gonna be secondary this year. Older sister has been in ICU since emergency operation Monday week ago but is finally getting a little better.

It's been a long haul for sure.

Makes one appreciate living!

A 20-something patient came in Saturday for a C-section and died from infection complications in less than 36 hours. Now the kid & dad are on their own...

use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

RodBow wrote:T-day is gonna be secondary this year. Older sister has been in ICU since emergency operation Monday week ago but is finally getting a little better.

It's been a long haul for sure.

A 20-something patient came in Saturday for a C-section and died from infection complications in less than 36 hours. Now the kid & dad are on their own...

Sorry to hear about the complications. Hope all turns out well.
Sounds like TMH. I hear about a lot of infections coming out of that facilitiy,more than any other around.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Eating with the outlaws later so I'll either fish or golf early then fish Fri., Sat. and maybe even Sun.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

For me it's time to spend with my wife and three kids, and to appreciate our life together. As the kids get older, and they all get busier, it isn't very often that we just get to hang out together.

That said, maybe I can talk one or more of them into fishing that afternoon! :thumbup:

Hope all is well with your sister, Rodbow.

Happy Thanksgiving.

:beer:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Thanksgiving day is family time for us. It has been tradition for many years for my wife's family to gather at her sister's for Thanksgiving. It isn't limited to family. Anyone that would like to come is welcome. We usually have about 50 folks.
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

That's pretty much what happens at the wives Aunts house :thumbup: on average about 50 ta 75 people and all haveing a good time :thumbup: including my ex-wife for the last two years :o I think my wife is trying for saint-hood :roll: :-D :beer: :beer:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

wevans wrote: I think my wife is trying for saint-hood :roll: :-D :beer: :beer:
She must be. She's stayed married to you for how long?
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Will also be in the dove field w/ dad, paw-in-law, and BIL and I will try my boy out on his first bird hunt.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

24 years now :o OH shoot, the biggun is comein aint it :roll: :smt009 :smt010 :beer:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Yup. There are certain numbers that are more important than others. 25 is one of um.

This is an off year for me. I think I'll take my wife to the NFGFC banquet for her anniversary. :-D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Yer such a romantic :roll: :-D :thumbup: :thumbup: