According to Time Magazine...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Soccerdad

According to Time Magazine...

Post by Soccerdad »

I read a couple of blips in the Time Magazine that came out with the mirror on the cover. By the way - congratulations to YOU on being named Person Of The Year. I knew it was YOU all along. Anyway - according to the guys who study this kind of stuff, we have 50 years of fish left. That's it. I'll be 104 years old and making my last few casts, but what about my grandkids and their kids??? They also say that the ocean will rise to the point that my last few casts will be made from the second floor balcony of the Beast Budget Inn in Perry. What do you all think? Is this kind of prediction for real? I'm reminded of some lyrics by a later incarnation of the Grateful Dead (early 90's maybe) .. "We don't own this place, though we act as if we did. It belongs to the children of our children's kids. The actual owners haven't even been born yet. But we rarely pay the mortgage and we never pay the rent, most of it is broken and the rest of it is bent. Put it all on plastic and I wonder where we'll be when the bills hit " :cry:
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Just ask yourself this "HOW MANY TIMES HAS A WEATHER FORECASTER BEEN CORRECT ABOUT A LONG RANG FORECAST" :o or a short range one for that matter :roll: :beer: :beer:
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Weatherman sure hit the short term forecast here on the nose this morning ~! I may be throwing a skitterwalk off the back porch in a little bit !
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

may be throwing a skitterwalk off the back porch in a little bit !
That'l work.... them mole crickets will tear up a top water :-D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: According to Time Magazine...

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Soccerdad wrote: Put it all on plastic and I wonder where we'll be when the bills hit " :cry:

Unfortunately, that is the way the majority of folks live today.

Reckoning day is coming. (No, that was not a religious overtone)

I feel the good old USA's mortgage is about to be called soon. :smt009

Like I said in another post, I may drive a minivan, but I am totally debt free.....and love it....

Problem is, the tax man and the insurance man force me to pay others bills..... :smt011

Dubble :-D
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

My local weatherman said 90% chance of rain today. Though, the study that Soccerdad was talking about from Time (the one about fish--since I don't remember seeing anything about the hotel in Perry) was published by marine biologists, and the reasons were overfishing and pollution.

As far as what I think about it....I (like the majority of people) usually don't. :beer: :beer: :beer:
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I'll believe it only when I read it in Woods N Water! :o
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

[quote="reel therapy"] I don't remember seeing anything about the hotel in Perry

That was a small sidebar on the bit about polar ice caps melting. It said "the water will be so high that 104 year old cigar-chomping Soccerdad will need to take his last casts from the second floor....." I can't believe you missed that part.
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
Mulletjumper
Site Sponsor

Post by Mulletjumper »

Hi: ya'll. remember this : THE EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM,BUT THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? some things never change. so if we do all the good we can. every thing else will take care of it self. Have a merry Christmas,and let us remember our many many blessings. { mulletjumper}.
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

I am still waiting on the ice age they (the all knowing scientist) predicted during the late 1970's, much less global warming that seams now to be a natural occuring thing Not something caused by greedy Americans 8) .

But then again, I have been wrong before.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

According to 50 years ago,

We should all be flying around in spaceships.

Taking a pill a day for our daily bread.

Living to be 200 years old.

Not having any desises to worry about.

World peace.

Out of oil.

Everybody using the metric system.

Robots to do all chores in and outside the house.

Since none of this has happened yet.......I don't think we have anything to worry about. My Kids, Kids, Kids, kids, will catch many of Fish.
Time Magazine is just selling ads with suspect information. The problem is, it works so we hear more crap then fact. :smt014
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Don't let this get you side tracked from the bigger story of Time naming me "Man of the Year"... :-D

That crap is about as reliable as a weather man... :roll:
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....