GPS?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Marine electronics superstore has the Map76 for $159. I can live without a color screen. I will order one today.

Is someone saying don't buy the Garmin marine mount?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Redbelly, I broke 3 garmin mounts before I bought the Ram mount. Save yourself some frustration and buy the Ram mount.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0013686
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Do your self a favor and spend the extra 50 and get the 76S, it has 16 more MB that the 76

You could spend another 75 or so and get a newer color one....color isn't the reason to buy....the older ones use serial connections, which means a cable and serial adapter or card to connect to your PC and the newer ones have 128 MB and are USB plug and play.

I say all that meaning that you could end up with the same amount of money with a slower older one, when you could of gotten a faster one. Just make sure you check into what you need to get it to work on your PC before making the plunge.

Don't forget that you will need Bluecharts if you want the maps.
Bakertize
Site Sponsor

Post by Bakertize »

Jumptrout51 wrote:West Marine has the 76 map for $199. The FWC Saltwater regulation pamphlet has a $25 West Marine coupon in it.
I would get the map 76 for $174 if it was me.
I got my GPS at West Marine and they will price match any price on the internet gust print it and save .

I saved hundreds off retail on my Garmin 376c
Robert Baker
TnT Hide-a-way inc.
http://www.tnthideaway.com