Fished out of Carrabelle 1/20...

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Fished out of Carrabelle 1/20...

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Called a buddy to see what was going on, and they were heading down to Carrabelle to pick up his boat. I said "I thought you were going in ___'s boat?". "We were", he replied "until they put the gas nozzle in a rod holder instead of the gas tank, and pumped 30 gallons of gas into the boat!". Can you believe that?

Anyway, 3-4 ft waves, with occasional 5's, in 55 ft of water. Buoy line broke, or was cut and anchoring on our holes was pretty much eliminated.

Switched to trolling and trolling and trolling 45ft, 40ft, 35ft...You get the picture. We foul hooked an AJ, that was the extent of our catching.

Hope your fishing went better than ours.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Will, you're a better man than I. The wind was ripping in the ICW yesterday. Must have been a rough ride.

I sure hope ________ didn't turn on the bilge pump.
What was I supposed to do today?
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

It was rough. In fact even behind Dog Island there was a nice chop. We saw a skiff out trolling parallel with St. George in about 30 ft of water. I thought that might be you, or someone you've inspired lately.

Did I mention the drop off at the ramp of Pirate's Cove? I told the guy backing the truck down not to go past the pier BONK. Luckily(?) one of the axles tore off and we were able to pull the trailer over the ledge. If you've ever seen a trailer with perpendicular axles coming out of the water, it's a sad looking sight.