Lanark 02-02-2003

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Lanark 02-02-2003

Post by Tom Keels »

We left Lanark shortly before daylight and promptly ran aground on the reef. Had to get out and push the boat off. The fog was so thick, I could not see 20 feet in front of the boat. Thought I had a good idea of the route out, but apparently not. Finally made it around the reef and out past Dog Island. Seas were flat with well-spaced rollers. We headed in the direction of the Yamaha Reef, to a number in my GPS called “Yamaha Tour Reefâ€
Last edited by Tom Keels on February 3rd, 2003, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I fished Bear Creek, Buckhorn Creek and the Sopchoppy for Bass and got nodda, but I did here you a couple times, LL, DoubleD and a few others that I can't recall at the time :o Glad a bunch of folks finnaly got out on the water and good ta here that at least some folks caught fish :D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Accurate reading at 31mph :o That's nice!
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I tried to call Tom K a couple of times. We landed a 18.5 # Gag sunday and about ten AJ's to 15#'s. We fished until 4:15 or so and headed back. I got home around 10:00.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Try Big T next time. Looks like you guys had a fun day. 8)
Tom Keels
Site Founder

chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I tried Big T...No answer.. I'll try again next time.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

To tell you the truth, I had the radio on ch 11 for about 2 hours and forgot to change it back in the midst of catching AJ's and probably missed you. I thought you went Sat. and didn't even try you on sunday.
Tom Keels
Site Founder