Keaton Beach Offshore 28 Feb 03

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

chugbug

Keaton Beach Offshore 28 Feb 03

Post by chugbug »

Headed out of the channel at 0800 to a stiff NE wind that blew the water out even lower than the -0.7 tide that was predicted. The water was dreary looking with the overcast skies. Hit the first mark 20 miles out and not even a bite. Next stop, 60' nothing. I was getting discuraged at the slow bite and chatter on the radio indicated I wasn't the only one. I headed back in to finish the day where I started. I let down a cut LY and whataya know. Short gag. At least I caught something. So I threw down another one and let it sit. Meanwhile, I was throwing a red/white jig and started catching AJ's. One all most every cast! I finally put a keeper in the box. THe next cast left me with a huge mess in my reel. I finally gave up trying to untangle and started to reel in. About half way I got huge hit and thought at first another AJ. Nope, I had a 10# gag for the box. By then I felt like my arms where going to fall off. I headed in around 4:00. Nothing bit until after high tide at 1:26 +2.6' The sea's calmed down around 2:30 and I ran in WOT. Long day and I'm outta here.
Chug
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

:o Hate that wind from the NE, and the tide is minus. Been there a couple times. It's amazing how that water is sucked right outa there. At least you got a few.