Jig colors?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ken K
Site Sponsor

Jig colors?

Post by Ken K »

I always use red Cotee jig to rig a grub or SWA. A guide I fished with in Louisiana said you couldn't catch trout out there with a red headed jig.
What colors do ya'll use?
Ken
sharkboy
Site Sponsor

Post by sharkboy »

I've been successful from time to time with a red head on a motor oil/fire tail grub. I usually use a white head though. I've been hearing that grubs with some pink have been doing good in the past couple of weeks.
I must fish.
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

Sharkboy, where did you get those motor oil/ firetail grubs? What brand are they? I am about to run out and can't find anymore.
Ken
sharkboy
Site Sponsor

Post by sharkboy »

That's sort of a problem. I am about to run out too and haven't found any more like them. I ran across these in my Dad's old saltwater box about 6 months ago. They have a sold motor oil colored body with a flat orange tail sort of like a Mann's Jelly Worm does. The tail is not real bright orange either, I don't know if it was like that originally or just faded with age. It's a shame, though because the last time I was catching fish on them I couldn't seem to get them to hit anything else!

If anybody else knows where to get these, let us know.
I must fish.
sharkboy
Site Sponsor

Post by sharkboy »

I just got one of the better ones out and looked at it. It is a Mann's Stingray Grub.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I use Red mainly, White & Chart when I feel froggy :lol: