I need Lake Blackshear Advice

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jsuber
Site Sponsor

I need Lake Blackshear Advice

Post by jsuber »

Anybody got any good advice for fishing Lake Blackshear in mid April. I've just been reading online reports, but some hands on experience from someone would be greatly appreciated.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: I need Lake Blackshear Advice

Post by tin can »

Never been there, but based on information I've gathered, ya need to learn something about structure fishing. You can practice and gain experience on Talquin.
What was I supposed to do today?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I know that the fish bass are on the bed or coming off and they like the shallow water around the stumps, and I believe that is on the north end. I've read reports of lizards, and shad working there. If fish are coming off the bed they'll eat anything. Just a matter of timing I guess. I'll be in the yak, so I'll most likely fish the stumps and docks.
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

Watermelon seed Zoom HORNY TOADS !!! in the grass ..By the sea walls and docks Lizards and worms carolina rigged.Early in the morning try an broke back rapala in the shalows.Fish the rock piles by the bridges in the mid morning ..I'd stay away from Veterans State Park in the yak because of the boat traffic.There will be a lot of hoodlums in thier daddys boats and on Jet skis during the weekends. I'd be glad to meet you there and make a run to a few of my spots in my boat.Let us know when you are coming up and I'll get you better info as far as if they are bedding the water temp and so on.I will be out there quite a bit from the end of Feb on out.Stop by Stripplins and get you some smoked sausage it is the best money can buy.. :lick:
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I definitely want to fish the stumps where daddys kids can't go, since I'm yakking. Lets work something out for April 6 and the 13 if your not busy. I'll keep in touch cause I'm fishing a kayak tourney there April 19.
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

you got it ..I have fished that lake in a 10 ft jon boat with paddles when I was a little boy so I know a few spots you can get to in the yakand catch fish. See if you can find out which boat landing you will be launching from I have paddled from all of them and caught bass.
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I'll eve bring an extra yak if your game, but I don't know what ramp to use yet. I'll be in touch.
Nolzman

Post by Nolzman »

Hey, Jeff no fair getting help. You are taking the Blackshear tournament way to seriously. :lol: :)

I just signed up for the tournament, so I guess I will have to kick your butt fair and square. 8)
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I don't expect to win, but I don't want to lose cause I was not informed. Make sure you sign up for the Forgotten Coast Kayak Fishing Classic too.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

jsuber wrote:I know that the fish bass are on the bed or coming off and they like the shallow water around the stumps, and I believe that is on the north end. I've read reports of lizards, and shad working there. If fish are coming off the bed they'll eat anything. Just a matter of timing I guess. I'll be in the yak, so I'll most likely fish the stumps and docks.
Been a while, but this used to be the ticket. When you say stumps though, that is STUMPS...kind of like saying ROCKS at the Rock Garden.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
DF 1860DLX

Post by DF 1860DLX »

I have caught quite a few bass there using a tequila sunrise culprit worm, texas rigged, fishing around rocks and cypress trees, but that was about about 5 years ago.
2003 G3 1860DLX
ak man

Post by ak man »

he's not kidding about stripplin's, it's worth the ride alone. The beef jerky is top notch, too
tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Blackshear is a VERY tricky lake. I live about 20 miles from it and fish there a lot. I really prefer the north end because I really like river fishing. There are some cool islands on the north end or as florida residents say "keys". :D It has turned into a MAJOR recreational lake withha bunch of ski boats. The tend to stick around the channel between the dam and the Veterans Park. There are a few springs by the park with a bunch of hybrids and stripers. It is a very fun lake, if you have any specific questions PM me. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Team Jolly Mon