Econfina 5/26

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Econfina 5/26

Post by Sir reel »

Wife wanted to go fishing on Monday. We hit the State Park at 8am and I couldn't believe what I saw, hardly anyone there. Pulled right up and unloaded. I've seen more folks there on any given Saturday.

Tried Tom's route for the first time and it worked pretty well. :D Went south to the first platform and with the west wind started a drift that took us right to Rock Island. Not much to brag about on the way. I was playing with the pin fish in hopes of moving further out later on and my wife was drag'n a jig with a SA space guppy(no cajun) tipped with fishbites. She was picking up rockies pretty regularly. I was drag'n live pin fish and had two sharks and a large sail cat on those. When we got within probably 1/2 a mile of the Island we started picking up Trout activity (5-6 ft) lost a couple of nice ones who just turned lose at the boat. High tide, messed around the Island for a while (lost a rig in the shoreline rocks). Decided to head back west towards the Econ and go on past to the west then drift back. When we got there the wind had changed and instead of drifting east we were on a more Northerly drift. Started picking up some nice Trout and one Blue. Probably could have done more if we had stayed out but it was 4pm and by the time we would get back to Tallahassee and I get the boat cleaned up it would be as late as I wanted. Got home about 6..... got boat and gear washed down... started clean'n fish... Storm hit... lighting to the north... me standing under the biggest pine tree in the yard . Some of my filets show the lack of concentration when the lighting got closer but made it before the rain hit. Great day thanks to all those folks who made it possible to enjoy the freedom to do what we did. I remember thinking while we were drifting "sure hope everybody who is in harms way is doing ok today".. Was saddened to hear we lost two more soldiers while I was out fishing. Just don't seem right sometimes.
:cry:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good report SR. I expect some of my filets would still have the head on them if it was me under a pine tree in a thunder storm. Had 4 pine trees hit in my yard before I cut them all down.
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice report SR.. :thumbup: