Beautiful Yellow Lab needs a loving home...

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

akbrooke

Beautiful Yellow Lab needs a loving home...

Post by akbrooke »

Beautiful unaltered male yellow lab needs a loving home. Approx. 9 months old, very well behaved, housebroken, and gets along very well with other dogs and children. My husband and I rescued him after finding him starved and wandering in Sopchoppy. We love him very much but have to find a new home for him because we already have two other dogs. He will make a great companion and friend for his new family. If you would like to adopt "Raney" please call Angie at 850-766-3675.

KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Re: Beautiful Yellow Lab needs a loving home...

Post by KarstRanger »

He's a sweet looking dog and I wish I could add him to the 3 dogs I have already. But I applaud you for picking him up and taking care of him. Hopefully someone on the forum can check with their friends and help you find him a home.

The wife and I rescued two mixed but mostly yellow lab male brother pups that were about 2 months old a while back. Someone had left them off over at a spring nearby on the Suwannee river. We saw them there all weekend playing with canoers and folks who would stop to swim. I thought that they belonged to some campers. Then come Monday, the poor little things were sitting there alone together on the shore looking over at us and probably hearing our dogs bark -- and then I knew some xxxhole had dumped them. So I cranked up the van and drove the 20 miles over there and picked them up. They were hungry and full of fleas, but a bath and some food and they were happy as could be and were getting along fine with my two labs and an Australian Shepheard. After some emails to friends and they passed it along to other friends, we found a couple who took both of them. One of the proudest things I have done of late.
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
akbrooke

Post by akbrooke »

Thank you for the success story, and for also doing the right thing. We have two very large black labs (Rebel & Rowdy) that he gets along very well with but I just cannot handle another one in the house. He is very sweet and I am hopefull that there is someone out there that will give him a loving home and great life. My two are truly members of the family as they go everywhere with us and I would like the same kind of life for Raney. I look at him and get tears in my eyes at the thought of him leaving but I just do not have the room for him. I too believe that he had just been dumped because we have a very small, tight knit community in Sopchoppy and if a dog just "shows up" we know that someone drove it out here and just dumped it. May karma bite them in the *** for doing that!
Dudeman042

Post by Dudeman042 »

If you can't find anyone who will take him on here contact the folks at Tallahassee Big DOg Rescue (www.bigdogrescue.com). They are a local rescue. My wife and I adopted a german shepherd from there a year or so ago. Really nice folks and they might have some contacts or be able to help you place him. Good Luck!
FinsNGrins

Post by FinsNGrins »

I thought Raney already found a new home? I wanted this dog so bad!
akbrooke

Post by akbrooke »

We have found a home for Raney.....thank you to everyone that assisted us in the search for a new family for him.