Mexico Beach/Port St. Joe

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

southernundertaker

Mexico Beach/Port St. Joe

Post by southernundertaker »

I think this is one of the most dreadful summers i can remember!!! :thumbdown: Going down this weekend to the house and weather permitting going out. Has anybody been over that way lately, if so, any Action?

Hope to see some better reports this fall. :wink:
Scott7138
Site Sponsor

Post by Scott7138 »

Was thinking about going down to Presnell's weekend before last. Called him up, he said forget about fishing in the bay on weekends, too many scallopers. He said during the week they had been catching some Reds between his place and the paper mill. Alot of floating grass. He has been closing his launch around 11:00, already filled up on weekends
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Fished the head of the bay at dawn Saturday. It was slow but I felt like if I could have keep the grass off my topwater I would have done better. The lady fish were fun. I caught 4 legal trout and missed many. The zara puppy and chug bug picked up less grass. I didn't do bait but wished I had. Please pass on a report.