St. Joe, Indian pASS, Mexico Beach 7/9-7/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dbplug
Site Sponsor

St. Joe, Indian pASS, Mexico Beach 7/9-7/16

Post by dbplug »

Last Vacation of the year. Wife and 3 kids and the boat to the Cape for a week.

Saturday 7/9, Surf Fished, Whiting, silver trout, got snapped on something big, layed around.

Sunday 7/10, Pulled the kids around in a tube in Eagle Harbor. Lotta Fun.
Boodgie boards on the beach.

Monday 7/11, 17 yo son and I did the flats north of Eagle Harbor, water was very clear, not much floating grass. Lady fish was the catch of the day. Used all the ordinary lures, FB, CT, dead shrimp. No keepers but a beautiful place. Boogie boards in the afternoon.

Tuesday 7/12, early morning rain, did the north flats again in the morning, .00, nothing. A lttle more floating grass, water was clear.

An then I made the mistake of a lifetime. Pulled the boat out of the bay and took it down to Indian Pass by myself. Putting in - no problem, getting out - another story. I have the scars and a broken toe to prove it.

Wednesday 7/13 - Ran from the state park to the bell shoal reef off of Mexico beach in the morning. Found the bottom real quick, rollers to about 9 feet, amazing sight, never new there cold be that amount of force and water on such a peerfect day. Scary and awe inspiring at the same time. Not sure I am up for "offshore".

Water was clear. Tried for about 90 minutes, 17yo son started getting green. Headed closer to Beacon Hill. Stopped at a pylon(not sure which one) near the channel, cobia tearing up the baitfish. He had nothing to do with us. Headed back to the flats inside the cape, skunked again.
Boogie boards and towed the kids around on the tube the rest of the afternoon

Thursday 7/14 - Tried the southern part of the bay on the flats. water was rough, lotta grass. Short trout, one keeper on a pink/white surecatch with fb. Boogie boards in the afternoon.

Friday 7/15 - Very rough, no boating, boogie boards and ogling the wife.

Saturday 7/16 - pack tour stuff and get out of here.

Gas - $45.00, Bait - $21.00, Food - $280.00, Beer $280.00, Family and beach time WITH NO CELLULAR SERVICE - Priceless

Pictures soon.
for petes sake
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Sounds like a good vacation. :thumbup: 9 ft rollers = PUKE... :o