Sports Authority Stock Problems

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Sports Authority Stock Problems

Post by Sir reel »

Seems like all my posts lately have been to save a wasted trip. Don't know how many may have noticed the SA flyer in Sundays paper with the 50% off on ALL fin nor combo's. Made a trip during lunch. Manager saw me browsing and ask me if he could help. Told him why I was there and he informed me that I was out of luck. They have NO, ZERO, fin nor stock. He said there had been a problem with getting stock for the new Tallahassee Store. (gave me a rain check) Ask if they had any specials on Steel Shot..... They did not have the first box.... Manager said they had been having trouble getting stock!!! :o :thumbdown: Told the manager that this was the first time I had set foot in the store and the only reason I was there was for the advertised special. He was preparing a email to his management when I left!
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I went there last Friday. Any store that has a larger paintball dept. than a fishing dept. is not going to get any of my money. :thumbdown:
Last edited by Tom Keels on August 20th, 2003, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Yeah, it looked like the stock in reels might not be bad, although I did not price shop. Most rods were low end, except for some Redbone spinning rods. The rest of the place is generally Target or Walmart level goods.

Tallahassee could still use a quality tackle shop that didn't try to rob you (like Kevin's) and carried good to upper level equipment, especially salt water. Walmart already has the lower end, we don't need more of that.

I couldn't believe the people lined up on the opening weekend to buy stuff. You would have thought they were giving gold away at 10 cents a pound.

EJ
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

Sports dept. mgr. tried to sell me a Quantum Spinning combo when Jen and I went by at lunch last week. Said it was top of the line. :roll:
BBOB

Sports authority

Post by BBOB »

Somewhat disappointed in the Sports Authority, was hoping for a Bass Pro Shop atmosphere. Looking forward to participating more on the site as I will be a site sponsor soon.
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

We made our 1st and last trip there this weekend also
:thumbdown:
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
lightchop

Post by lightchop »

:thumbdown: